Problem just occurred 5 minutes ago.

It will go left, right, or down.......

any suggestions....
    09-17-09 08:12 AM
    I'd suggest checking this link out and if that doesn't resolve your issue bring it into your carrier: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...issues-307681/

Thnx, �Tripster�

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 08:30 AM
    Take it to your carrier or call them. Do not try to open up your phone.

You have a warranty, use it...
    09-17-09 08:40 AM
    Words of wisdom. Use them!
    09-17-09 08:44 AM
    Lmao. Roller ball haha

09-17-09 08:47 AM
    That has happened to me twice with my tour--I think it was because something got lodged under the ball, like a speck of dirt or something. In both cases I just continuously rolled the ball in all directions it would allow me to, in order to dislodge whatever was under there and after a few minutes it worked. I didn't think it was an issue with the phone since I could feel something preventing the ball from moving up. If that isn't your problem I would take it to your carrier before dissembling it, just my opinion!
    09-17-09 09:15 AM
    That's interesting b/c both Tours I had to exchange would always go up & down but not left to right. I agree with earlier post to just take it back & not open it up. If you mess w/it they might not exchange it.
    09-17-09 09:18 AM
    you finger was probably moist. i've had this problem 3 times already and fixed it myself without taking the phone apart.
    09-17-09 09:35 AM
    No problems anymore. I just pushed it down a little harder than normal, and it did the trip.

Thanks for all the info.

And I will NEVER take it apart.
    09-17-09 09:38 AM
    In both cases I just continuously rolled the ball in all directions it would allow me to, in order to dislodge whatever was under there and after a few minutes it worked.
    this is how i solved it also.
    09-17-09 09:39 AM
    I also fixed this with the moist-finger technique. Saw it mentioned on one of the hundreds of track ball posts in this forum... fixed it immediately.
    09-17-09 10:10 AM
    *roller ball* lol that's funny..... U mean Trackball man not a big deal tho

09-17-09 11:34 AM
    What is the moist finger technique?

09-17-09 12:05 PM
    Moist finger technique (snicker). LOL!
    09-17-09 12:14 PM
    lol, take it to the original pace of purchase.
    09-17-09 12:58 PM
    Problem just occurred 5 minutes ago.

It will go left, right, or down.......

any suggestions....
    I've started to notice mine not rolling when I press lightly in the down direction.

Hopefully it won't transform into not going down at all, but I know that's just wishful thinking.
    09-17-09 01:50 PM
    I would stop working too if someone called me a rollerball.
    09-17-09 01:53 PM
    Roller Ball was a terrible movie.

I called VZW awhile back and their solution from rim is to take off any cases put the phone screen down on a piece of paper on a table and roll it in figure 8's.

doesnt work
    09-17-09 01:53 PM
    Moist Finger Technique TM

I'm not saying you should do this, it is at your own risk... but it worked for me.

BARELY wet your finger and simply roll it around on the trackball in every direction. It is better to use not enough water than to use too much. The ball itself should be just slightly wet as a result of you touching it.

For me, the problem ceased immediately and the trackball resumed normal functioning. That was a few weeks ago and it hasn't come back since.
    09-17-09 02:06 PM
    I'm obviously not the first one whose commenting on the lol'worthy comment on calling the trackball/pearl a "rollerball"..but the prince officially labels the word 'rollerball' as lol'worthy.

So from here on out; remember that my seal of approval has been given to make fun of describing the trackball as a 'rollerball'.

09-17-09 02:06 PM
    Moist Finger Technique TM

I'm not saying you should do this, it is at your own risk... but it worked for me.

BARELY wet your finger and simply roll it around on the trackball in every direction. It is better to use not enough water than to use too much. The ball itself should be just slightly wet as a result of you touching it.

For me, the problem ceased immediately and the trackball resumed normal functioning. That was a few weeks ago and it hasn't come back since.
    You can't trademark that. MFT has been around forever. I practice MFT weekly to keep my rollerball clean, but if you use MFT make sure you practice safely and wash and dry your hands thoughouly. You don't want soap in there!
    09-17-09 04:26 PM
    Rubbing alcohol drys completely and fast. Roller chariot is what we call our friends dog that has a rear leg wheelchair. Poor thing.

09-17-09 08:05 PM
    thought I had a bad trackball. I figured out that I had downloaded a FREE Theme from CB. The theme caused the BB to act sluggish and the trackball not to work up. Once the theme was removed, the trackball worked perfectly.
    Word of advice. If the trackball works out of the box, and then you load a program, do a batter pull, and the trackball doesn't work properly, it's probably the program. (believe it or not).
    09-17-09 08:07 PM
    I just tried your "moist finger technique" and it worked! RIM needs a techie like you!!
    05-27-10 10:20 AM
    moist finger works. A somewhat moist baby wipe works (thats what i do). alchole wipes also work.
    05-27-10 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD