About every two weeks the phone selects another ringtone from the one I designated. When I attempt to change it to ANY ringtone and "TRY IT", I receive the message that it is not a valid ringtone and to select another. The only way I can reset the ringtones is to do a battery pull.
    11-04-09 03:03 PM
    The same things been happening to me. Its not all the time, but when it does happen, its rather annoying. Anyone have any ideas?
    11-04-09 04:52 PM
    have you put custom ringtones on your phone or on the micro sd card? maybe they're not a compatible format? maybe your sd card isn't in completely, or a little loose? just some thoughts...
    11-04-09 05:10 PM
    have you put custom ringtones on your phone or on the micro sd card? maybe they're not a compatible format? maybe your sd card isn't in completely, or a little loose? just some thoughts...
    I have also had this occur with my phone. This generally occurs when I'm surfing and receive a call.

My custom ring tone has been copied over into the internal memory so I don't think it's related to the SD card.
    11-04-09 05:26 PM
    I have only 1 custom ring tone that I use for my calls. ALl the other alerts are ones that came with the phone.
    11-04-09 05:50 PM
    I have only 1 custom ring tone that I use for my calls. ALl the other alerts are ones that came with the phone.
    Same here. And if the ringtone was incompatible it wouldn't work at all. This is not a hardware issue. At least it seems to be a fairly common problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 06:21 PM
    It happened so often to me, that I now do a Quickpull every morning to "freshen" the phone for the day. I no longer have the invalid ringtone problem anymore.

FA
    11-04-09 06:37 PM
    It happened so often to me, that I now do a Quickpull every morning to "freshen" the phone for the day. I no longer have the invalid ringtone problem anymore.

FA
    I assume you are referring to the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 06:46 PM
    I assume you are referring to the phone.
    Oh, that's a good one. Funny!
    11-04-09 07:16 PM
    Yep, happens to me more frequently than I'd like it to. Sucks to be waiting for call, look at your phone and see the red light blinking for a missed call! Fixes with a reboot.
    11-04-09 07:19 PM
    Even though it fixes with a reboot, its a pain, it shoudlnt ever have to happen.
    11-04-09 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD