Hey guys,

Sorry if this is a repost but I didn't see equivalent ones...

The problem I am having is that my ringtones sometimes decide not to play. For example, if I am receiving a text or IM or email, I will just get a vibrate and the red LED flashing, but not the ring.

It works most of the time, but sometimes its just delayed after the vibrate, or just doesn't ring at all. This happens when the phone Is idle and not being used.

My profile settings is set to vibrate once, ring, and show led.

I'm thinking that this is just a software issue and not hardware so there is no point in exchanging hw... But I thought I would ask you guys to see if you encountered anything.

I am running the original 4.7.1.40 os and am using stock ringtones. Any chance there is memory failure that would best be exchanged for a new unit?
    08-04-09 02:37 PM
    I have no clue but I hope you find the answer. I'm having the same problem. I spent over an hour with BB tech support the other night trying to solve this. Not sure how but I managed to fix it only to lose it again today. Mine may be just a bit different in that I'm using custom ringtones but in the bigger picture it sounds the same. Anyone?
    08-04-09 02:56 PM
    hmm anyone else?
    08-04-09 10:54 PM
    I've been asking the admins to sticky any of my posts with the solution. search my name, most of my posts have the answers. The one with invalid ringtone has the answer in the first post.
    08-05-09 12:05 AM
    I am having this issue too: the ringtones sometimes won't play. I don't get the invalid ringtone error, they just don't play.

I don't think it is theme dependent, it has happened with the OEM themes, and with themes by a couple different creators.

I have my profile set to just ring, not vibe, and at times I will get no tone. I do believe i get the LED. I am not sure because the only way I know I have not heard the original tone, is when another message comes in, plays a tone and i look at the message and see the one I didn't hear, if that makes sense.

this happens with text, email, bbm and phone, all sporadically and randomly
    08-17-09 06:51 PM
    I had the same problem today. Batter pull solved the problem.
    08-17-09 08:02 PM
    Had same problem after initial activation. Battery pull fixed it. No issues since.
    08-17-09 08:27 PM
    I've had this issue, and I keep having to pull the battery in order to make my ringtones work. I'm not sure what the problem is, but its VERY annoying.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 07:23 PM
    Yes! I also had this problem the other day. I did a reset (alt, shift and del) to reboot and it works.

What is the cause of this? (system memory loss?)

For the invalid ringtone this pops up when in the options / ring tones and alerts menu and trying to preview the sound file I have selected.
    08-31-09 10:58 AM
    Same problem here one phone call i will get no ring and the next there will be no issue without having to do a reset. But it doesnt happen very often.
    08-31-09 12:54 PM
    Same prob here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 12:57 PM
    Even my ringtones that came with my BB don't work!
    09-18-09 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD