I am new to the Blackberry world and just got my TOUR 9630 3 days ago. A good friend of mine sent me some ring tones via text messaging (as mp3) and i want to save these in my ring tone library. Can somebody help me and tell me how to do this? She has a BOLD and it appears that our menus are different as far as how to save to ring tones from a text. Thanks
    12-02-09 11:35 AM
    should just hit the BB(menu) button when the msg is open and should be text stating " save ringtone " just select that.
    12-02-09 11:44 AM
    Thanks jenglish724, that is the problem when i hit the menu i don't get that, the only save i see is "save note" or just "save" which saves the text in a file only not a ring tone. when i open the text it goes immediately begins playing the ringtone.
    12-02-09 12:04 PM
    thats odd. have you had any previous problems with this before? such as using phonezoo.com or any other type of ringtone provider? i know you said your friend sent you a ringtone. you should be able to save it.
    12-02-09 12:05 PM
    i am new to the bb world, so this is new to me i have no apps for downloading ringtones. i can save it into voice notes but then from there i get the save as ring tone menu but it does not go to my ring tones,, frustrating
    12-02-09 12:24 PM
    it was sent only as a mp.3 but i should be able to use this as a ring tone shouldnt i?
    12-02-09 12:26 PM
    Try to have your friend send the file in a MMS message and see if you get the option to save as ringtone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 12:32 PM
    I would just have them resend it as an email. That seems to work the best.
    12-02-09 12:37 PM
    yeah do that. and phonezoo.com isn't an app. its a website that you can use to send ringtones from the website directly to your phone through a SMS.
    12-02-09 12:52 PM
    yeah do that. and phonezoo.com isn't an app. its a website that you can use to send ringtones from the website directly to your phone through a SMS.
    My sister and I were unable to have them sent directly to the phone because we use verizon and something to do with them blocking wap.. Thats what phone zoo emailed us back when we asked them why it was not working.. email or mms is the best way or connect via blue tooth and transfer them that way..
    12-02-09 01:09 PM
    My sister and I were unable to have them sent directly to the phone because we use verizon and something to do with them blocking wap.. Thats what phone zoo emailed us back when we asked them why it was not working.. email or mms is the best way or connect via blue tooth and transfer them that way..
    thats weird i have never had a problem with phonezoo, myxer is a diff story though.

did you set what phone you have and do all the right options?
    12-02-09 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD