I don't know whether this would be of any help to anyone, or even if i'd be allowed to post this here (I don't see why not, as the content AND forum are both public domain), but I found contact information for the Sr Compliance Certification Engineer for RIM-United States on FCC's website.

FCC Registration Detail: Research In Motion

Just click on the link in the "FRN" column and it brings up another window with all of his contact information.

I think if anyone was cunning enough they might be able to get more detailed information on the Tour's FCC approval/release status by contacting him?

DISCLAIMER: I accept no responsibility for anyone's actions regarding this information. I dug it up on FCC's website, and I'm pretty sure that others could have done the same.
    06-24-09 07:26 PM
    DISCLAIMER: I accept no responsibility for anyone's actions regarding this information. I dug it up on FCC's website, and I'm pretty sure that others could have done the same.

FYI, even though it doesn't really pertain to your post since the information is public. Just because you put a "Disclaimer" at the end of something (in this case, your post) it doesn't mean that you can't be held responsible for it. Just like at the grocery store where you see those signs in the parking lot that say "We are not responsible for damage to cars done by shopping carts".. They are in fact still responsible, they just put that up in hopes that you won't try and come after them for compensation for repairs.

I know this is kind of off topic, just letting you know, disclaimers don't really do much of anything to protect you against legal actions. Maybe if someone here is a lawyer and there is enough interest in this topic, they could explain it a little better/more than I did.
    06-24-09 07:52 PM
    FYI, even though it doesn't really pertain to your post since the information is public. Just because you put a "Disclaimer" at the end of something (in this case, your post) it doesn't mean that you can't be held responsible for it. Just like at the grocery store where you see those signs in the parking lot that say "We are not responsible for damage to cars done by shopping carts".. They are in fact still responsible, they just put that up in hopes that you won't try and come after them for compensation for repairs.

I know this is kind of off topic, just letting you know, disclaimers don't really do much of anything to protect you against legal actions. Maybe if someone here is a lawyer and there is enough interest in this topic, they could explain it a little better/more than I did.
    Exactly, just like how VZW says "America's largest 3G network".. They just say that, but don't really mean it...
    06-24-09 08:10 PM
    Exactly, just like how VZW says "America's largest 3G network".. They just say that, but don't really mean it...
    or AT&T's "more bars in more places"
    06-24-09 08:26 PM
    But in a way it works cuz the avg joe would see that and be like ok they're covered, can't do anything about it...u know what I mean.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 08:40 PM
    or Sprint's "Don't ask us how we are still afloat!"
    06-24-09 08:41 PM
    well...it's true! if you didn't have a signal you would be in a bar too...
    06-24-09 09:01 PM
    Or T-Mobile's "Get more now".. or is it "Stick together"... anyway I do know that they have a super hot actress doing their comercials.
    06-24-09 09:41 PM
    Now THAT is funny!

To the OP. Leave the poor man alone. Certainly he is not allowed, nor would he give us any info. You guys have WAY too much time on your hands. (Look who's talking )
    06-24-09 09:54 PM
    Now THAT is funny!

To the OP. Leave the poor man alone. Certainly he is not allowed, nor would he give us any info. You guys have WAY too much time on your hands. (Look who's talking )
    well..... i did have some extra time after work today, and was thinking about the FCC comments made in a different thread and decided what the heck.
    06-24-09 10:06 PM
    omg....verizon doesnt say that....atnt says that.
    06-24-09 10:30 PM
    nvmd/////////////////////////
    06-24-09 10:32 PM
    Verizon actually is America's largest 3G network. They have 3G coverage in more of the USA than any other CDMA or GSM US carrier. ATT actually is America's fastest 3G network. GSM's 3G is theoretically faster than CDMA2000EvDoRevwhatever. As for more bars in more places, well I'm in the 5th or so largest city in Oregon and guess what. ATT doesn't even yet exist here. Not till the end of the year. So No bars in these places.

06-24-09 10:38 PM
    Verizon actually is America's largest 3G network. They have 3G coverage in more of the USA than any other CDMA or GSM US carrier. ATT actually is America's fastest 3G network. GSM's 3G is theoretically faster than CDMA2000EvDoRevwhatever. As for more bars in more places, well I'm in the 5th or so largest city in Oregon and guess what. ATT doesn't even yet exist here. Not till the end of the year. So No bars in these places.

lol ty. always need humor in the morning.
    06-25-09 06:42 AM

ROFLMAO!

hey thats good reading was funny..

at&t is the second best carrier out there not horrid but I did laugh
    06-25-09 06:54 AM
    it says on the bottom of those ads that claim is based on global coverage, which is also sort of false because they only have coverage in the united states. they internationally roam on other gsm networks while not in the us. but vzw, tmo and sprint would also roam off potentially those same networks abroad, given they have a quad band gsm chipset. att does have more phone models that can go abroad.

in the end, its all marketing speak and doesnt really amount to jack plus sh!t in the real world.
    06-25-09 07:03 AM
    omg....verizon doesnt say that....atnt says that.
    I just went to your website and got the quote from there tardo...
    06-25-09 11:04 AM
    They say dead bodies float, so why couldn't a dead cell phone company?

06-25-09 11:29 AM
    To all the Sprint haters/VZW fanboys...Sprint isn't going ANYWHERE! And to clear other nonsense rumors, Nextel lost all those subscribers, not the CDMA side. So please, stop with the nonsense. I am by no means a Sprint lover (but they are my carrier), but it gets old seeing all the "they're going under," "how are they still afloat" comments. Some of you need to stop being sheep, and get a mind of your own.
    /rant

06-25-09 01:24 PM
    To all the Sprint haters/VZW fanboys...Sprint isn't going ANYWHERE! And to clear other nonsense rumors, Nextel lost all those subscribers, not the CDMA side. So please, stop with the nonsense. I am by no means a Sprint lover (but they are my carrier), but it gets old seeing all the "they're going under," "how are they still afloat" comments. Some of you need to stop being sheep, and get a mind of your own.
    /rant

Is there a report somewhere showing the loss on the nextel side and any gains/losses on the cdma subscriber side?
    06-25-09 04:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD