Well, my BB Tour is completely worthless. The trackball is unusable on my phone. Too bad I can't exchange in store. I have to drop it off at a local store today and then get a new one mailed to me. I am leaving on vacation for several weeks on Saturday, so... no phone for me! Boo!

Why couldn't Sprint have any in stores? I waited 9 days to get the stupid thing once I ordered it on the 12th and get a broken one. Not happy.
    Last edited by dusteater; 07-23-09 at 01:26 PM.
    07-23-09 01:23 PM
    Has anyone else on Sprint sent theirs back?
    07-23-09 01:26 PM
    You sure about corporate stores not having any tours in stock? I just returned my telesales order to my local sprint store today for a new one. So far so good
    07-23-09 01:32 PM
    You sure about corporate stores not having any tours in stock? I just returned my telesales order to my local sprint store today for a new one. So far so good
    Well, I will find out once I get there. If that is true, it would make me a very happy person. Otherwise, word is Best Buy has them now. I could return it to Sprint store and go across the street to Best Buy and get one there.

But I am hoping the Sprint store in Tacoma, WA has one.
    07-23-09 01:33 PM
    Did you adjust the trackball correctly? I never herd of it being completely unuseable. There is settings to adjust it, As long as other fixes that were posted on this forum. Mine works wonders thanks to the settings.
    07-23-09 01:36 PM
    Yeah most stores have them or should today if they ahve to order they usually do next day air so even still you should have it by tomorrow
    07-23-09 01:36 PM
    Did you adjust the trackball correctly? I never herd of it being completely unuseable. There is settings to adjust it, As long as other fixes that were posted on this forum. Mine works wonders thanks to the settings.
    Yeah, I tried all the tips and tricks to get it working but nothing helped. It scrolls up and down fine. It clicks in ok. But scrolling left to right does not work hardly at all. Have to scroll for several minutes to get across a few icons.

I have been trying to call my local Corporate store but they are not answering their phone, lovely.
    07-23-09 01:43 PM
    I'd exchange it at the store and make 'em give you one they have. You know they have to have some, come on'. If it's a corporate store, there's no way they're going to leave their clients in the area SOL to get them.
    07-23-09 01:48 PM
    Mine came damaged too. i cant access anything and it turns off as soon as i unplug it from the charger. I am switching it out for a new one at a Sprint store. I already called them and made sure they had plenty in stock when i get there.
    07-23-09 02:15 PM
    I ordered my Tour over the phone and I just exchanged it for a new one at a corp store because of the trackball problem. They told me that they just received their order of 9630's in today. I'm so glad I got a new one because now this trackball works great.
    Last edited by Little Bit; 07-23-09 at 02:23 PM.
    07-23-09 02:21 PM
    Well I called the stores in Tacoma and they say they have them in stock but are refusing to exchange my phone with them. They said they are for new Sales only and I would have to drive to Seattle to get an exchange!!! This is ridiculous.
    07-23-09 02:23 PM
    wow..u folks are having it ruff.. I guess the QA folks at RIM are all on vacations...
    07-23-09 02:28 PM
    Well I called the stores in Tacoma and they say they have them in stock but are refusing to exchange my phone with them. They said they are for new Sales only and I would have to drive to Seattle to get an exchange!!! This is ridiculous.
    Tell them to give you one or you would be happy to give the local Verizon store a "new sale". If you're within your 30 days they have to refund you all your money and cancel your contract without any ETF...i think =)
    07-23-09 02:35 PM
    Just make sure you test it out before you decide to walk out with it. You only get 1 exchange with sprint as part of the 30day exchange policy. So test the **** out of it. I'm going to do the same.
    Yeah, you better believe im walking out of there with something near perfect.
    07-23-09 02:39 PM
    I keep asking myself if I would seem rude if I asked to see another Tour if the first one they bring out has the same issues? I guess the bigger question is will they bring out another Tour if the first one they bring out also has issues?
    I think it might depend on who you deal with at the store. The guy i spoke to seemed pretty cool and kept saying "Dont worry, ill take care of you". So if i need to see 3 before im taken care of, then that should be fine. Hopefully the first one is enough though.
    07-23-09 02:50 PM
    Alright, just got back from the Tacoma Mall Sprint store and the nice lady there gave me an new Tour for exchange. We did test it and I cannot find any issues with the phone. Yay for having a working Tour finally! Only 11 days after ordering one, haha.
    07-23-09 04:04 PM
    im switching mine out too via mail.....too much doubt on one in hand
    07-23-09 04:11 PM
    I ordered my Tour over the phone and I just exchanged it for a new one at a corp store because of the trackball problem. They told me that they just received their order of 9630's in today. I'm so glad I got a new one because now this trackball works great.
    Smart move!!! All of these posted trackball fixes or the need to adjust sensitivity to 90 to get it work is ridiculous. It is defect on many phones so it is just plain stupid not to swap it out. I have seen people taking their phones apart, swapping out the balls etc. The phone has not even been out a month so there is no need to void warranties.
    07-23-09 05:20 PM
    Smart move!!! All of these posted trackball fixes or the need to adjust sensitivity to 90 to get it work is ridiculous. It is defect on many phones so it is just plain stupid not to swap it out. I have seen people taking their phones apart, swapping out the balls etc. The phone has not even been out a month so there is no need to void warranties.
    Exactly, I sure am glad I got it swapped. And the people at the store said they got them today too. Thank you everyone on crackberry.com for pointing this out, I was about to mail it back in, and am leaving for vacation, so I wouldn't have got it for weeks.
    07-23-09 05:23 PM
    That's only if you're within the first 30 days of your contract. I don't think DustEater is within 30 days of his contract. I think he is just within 30 days of when he got the Tour first.
    what date is 1st date? I ordered mine on the 13th and received on the 15th i think...do they count 30 days from 13th or 15th?

I ABSOLUTELY LOATHE returning phones because I don't like redownloading, resetting all the settings, etc...but man Im beginning to think tour is not manufactured very soundly. The screen ripples, batt cover issue has been getting worse and worse...Have you guys tried using the headset? the connection has to be juuuuust right for the music to play on the headset.

Guys, the new phones you got, is it any better than the ones you've exchanged for? I mean i don't want to exchange if im going to have the same issues! Is it worth exchanging?
    07-23-09 05:57 PM
    I think the 30 days starts when you first activate the phone. I exchanged mine for the muffled sound and the replacement is much betterat least I dont hear "what" from the other side too much. Also the battery door was nice and snug which was a surprise.
    07-23-09 06:38 PM
    I think the 30 days starts when you first activate the phone. I exchanged mine for the muffled sound and the replacement is much betterat least I dont hear "what" from the other side too much. Also the battery door was nice and snug which was a surprise.

Does the new phone's box say made in canada or mexico? mine says Made in Mexico 5. I wonder if I should avoid made in mexico 5 models?

Also, I was thinking that maybe I should wait til closer to my 30 days and getting the most recently stocked Tour.
    07-23-09 06:43 PM
    Mexico 5 and so is the previous phone, but i don't think where it was made makes a diffrence, i hear issues with both.
    07-23-09 07:06 PM
    Mexico 5 and so is the previous phone, but i don't think where it was made makes a diffrence, i hear issues with both.
    oh great, thanks. I am going to swap out the phone near end of my 30 day(so I can have the freshest batch of Tour). What is Sprint's return/exchange policy? I am new customer coming from VZW, VZW will keep swapping it out til they get it right. Will Sprint do the same? what is their policy?
    07-23-09 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD