Hey CB nation!

I just have a question. Has anyone ever tried returning their defective trackball tours after the 30 day return policy? And if so is there any kind of hassle? I ask this because it seems my trackball isn't the way it should be either.

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 06:51 PM
    Ditto this...got mine when they first came out, lately trackball has gotten much worse!

Oh, and GO STEELERS!!!!
    08-25-09 07:43 PM
    Don't know- but mine if getting bad horizontally so ill make an attempt when I get home from vacation

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 07:49 PM
    Yes, I returned my first one purchased on July 12th because of the trackball issue late in July, just called Verizon yesterday as the issue is back with my replacement, and they are sending me another one straight from RIM with a reported TrackBall fix.
    08-25-09 08:01 PM
    I haven't tried it, but the 30 day return is the no questions asked period. After that you have a one year warranty for defects, and I would certainly contend that the trackball is a defect.
    08-25-09 08:57 PM
    Got mine on the 17th of July, so I'm on my 39th day. I called support last night and they wanted to charge for the repair visit and the possible replacement. I told the gal that RIM has an e-ticket with Sprint in about the trackball issue; Sprint waived all charges. The new phone comes to the local repair store on Thursday.

Be cool and you should be good.
    08-25-09 09:41 PM
    Did a replacement today for the trackball. Mine kept getting worse. First replacement and I bought mine on the first day. I called in to do it rather then go to the store.
    08-25-09 09:42 PM
    I bought the Tour when it was first released, so I am also past the 30 days. I called Verizon CS today and explained that I am having trackball issues and was hoping to get a NEW (not refurb) replacement. They said that since I was past the 30 days, my best bet would be to bring it in to the store and they should still honor it since it is so close to the 30 days.

The store did not have any in stock, so they ordered one to be shipped directly to my house within 2 days. So we'll see what I actually get!
    08-25-09 10:00 PM
    i work for sprint and i am on my send tour. 2 brand new ones bith with trackball issue.
    everything else works perfect on the phone
    08-25-09 10:01 PM
    I got my Tour a couple of days after the release. Yesterday I called *611 and told them about my trackball. She told me that I needed to go into the store and that they would swap out the trackball for me in the store. OK... I decided to go to my local store anyway because they have always had great customer service. I told the rep what was happening, he took my phone and walked to the back. When he came back he had a brand new phone for me . No questions asked. The trackball on this one moves great at 70. And it reboots a lot quicker - about 3 minutes.
    08-25-09 10:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD