My husband had upgraded to a tour but is unable to use it at work. He needs to return it. How do we go about wiping everything on the phone so there is no trace of him having used it? He had contacts and an email address for it. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-10 10:02 AM
    Why is he having difficulty at work? If you do need to wipe it, the easiest way is to download a free program called BBSAK (Blackberry Swiss Army Knife). The latest version out is 1.7 I believe. It has an option that allows you to wipe the entire device with the click of a button. Works like a charm too!
    03-06-10 10:06 AM
    If you need to wipe the phone, just go to

options>security options, general settings>menu and select wipe handheld.

If he cannot use the device cause it has camera, the tour has model without one.
    03-06-10 10:10 AM
    If you need to wipe the phone, just go to

options>security options, general settings>menu and select wipe handheld.

If he cannot use the device cause it has camera, the tour has model without one.
    So if I do the handheld wipe does it remove the contacts off the media card also? The phone came with the media card already present.

03-09-10 07:18 PM
    When you plug the phone into your computer turn mass storage on and just format the SD card.
    03-09-10 07:30 PM
    Or you format the card if you go to options then media and hit the bb button

03-09-10 08:01 PM
    Definitely DONT wipe with BBSAK, as you would have to manually re-install the operating system. Do the handheld wipe and format the media card and you're all set.
    03-09-10 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD