Hey I'm getting a new tour replacement due to track ball issue. Was wondering how easy if possible it is to restore apps from blackberry and crackberry. And what else i should know when getting a replacement, thank you.
    12-22-09 03:44 AM
    its easy, plug in to desktop manager and go to backup and restore and create a backup file for your device. Then when you get your new device there's another option on desktop manager--i think its something like switch device or whatever, but yeah it's easy just make a backup file and don't forget to hard reset (erases everything on ur BB) before u send bak ur original device.

And don't expect to get ur replacement with a battery door

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-09 06:08 AM
    Hey I'm getting a new tour replacement due to track ball issue. Was wondering how easy if possible it is to restore apps from blackberry and crackberry. And what else i should know when getting a replacement, thank you.
    to restore apps from Crackberry, you will need to log into your account on crackberry, you will see an Option to change your PIN number for the new phone. Once you changed the PIN number, you will have new activation codes for all the apps you bought on crackberry, then from there just hit the link that send the downloads into your phone and you should be all set.

as far as Blackberry app world apps, when you get your new phone, just log into Blackberry app world, then click on "my world" and sign in, all your apps will show up and you will have to re download them into your phone.

as far as getting a replacement, if your with Verizon, it comes with everything besides the battery itself. All you would need to do is transfer your SD card into your new phone if you have pics or videos on there that you want to keep. Other then that, leave your new SIM card in your new phone, do not replace it with your old sim card from your other Tour.

I think thats all you should know... if you need anymore help, let me know
    12-22-09 06:26 AM
    Thanks for all of your reply's, It was very helpful.
    12-23-09 12:07 AM
    Thanks again for the help. Also the trackball is like 100 times better wow they really fixed that problem.
    12-24-09 01:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD