A while back when I first got my Sprint Tour I upgraded to the v5.0.0.230 OS just for kicks, which was the current leak at the time, but I have since had a few issues with it that are a nuisance at best.

As such I wanted to restore the tour back to a stable OS. Thing is, though I did back the phone up before upgrading I have since had to reformat my computers HD so the back up was lost.

The only thing I am concerned with that is in the phone is my address book, anything else I can reinstall. How do I go about accomplishing this safely and where would I find the correct version for my Sprint phone?

TNX
    02-09-10 06:11 PM
    reinstall DM in your PC, do a new back up, and try to ''upgrade your software'' in DM. It will say that your phone is running a newer version... just continue and it will put the last legal one in it.

I run on 5.0.0.419 and everything is perfect for me
    02-09-10 06:14 PM
    A while back when I first got my Sprint Tour I upgraded to the v5.0.0.230 OS just for kicks, which was the current leak at the time, but I have since had a few issues with it that are a nuisance at best.

As such I wanted to restore the tour back to a stable OS. Thing is, though I did back the phone up before upgrading I have since had to reformat my computers HD so the back up was lost.

The only thing I am concerned with that is in the phone is my address book, anything else I can reinstall. How do I go about accomplishing this safely and where would I find the correct version for my Sprint phone?

TNX
    Very simple... Alos step one very important... Make sure you BACK UP your device first sdo you have a backup of your contacts. From there if you go into your options and look for the wireless update and click the BB menu buttom you should see an option that asks you if you wish to restore or rollback your OS. It has been a long time and don't remember the wording and that should do it.
    02-09-10 06:16 PM
    Done backed up and am restoring phone to the "desired" OS now, 4.7.1 I believe it was, I can't tell for sure ATM as it is in the process.

I considered loading 5.0.0.419 but if I read correctly Sprint has not officially released one yet and I both didn't want to risk it, and also didn't want to deal with other nuisances. One of the main ones in 5.0.0.230 was voice recorder didn't work reliably and I use this often on the road.

Hopefully Sprint will release a new version soon. I guess once I got the phone back to where I am happy with it I could back it up again and try .419. I sure liked the increased battery life and the newer BBM too

TY for the replies
    02-09-10 06:55 PM
    how do you do this with the latest bb desktop? it now just says 'there are no blackberry device software updates available' and does not give the option to continue

i think the leaked os is keeping mu bluetooth from working and i cant bridge to my playbook.
    08-07-11 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD