Heres my story.

Ive had a tour for about a year now, and up untill one week ago I had the same phone. I had to get a replacement because the keyboard stopped working on my old phone. I was given another tour, not sure if it was refurbed or not but it seemed to work fine for a little while.

The problem im having now is that the phone will just turn off and reboot itself, red LED on and all and this will take 5-10 minutes sometimes. Once the phone is rebooted ive lost all of my pictures, videos, and ringtones. I have backed up every tour ive owned on my computer and when I try to restore to the most recent back up (9.4.10) it will say restore completed, but I will still be missing my pictures, videos, and music.

Also, even with the memory option set to YES to allow mass storage mode to connect when connected, there is no blackberry icon placed on my desktop to allow me to transfer music or pictures over onto my phone for the time being.

If any one could help me out with this id really appretiate it, as I have no idea what the **** could be going on
    09-07-10 03:15 PM
    Everything was on my media card, music pictures and videos. ringtones might not have been but i can deal without those for now.

Technically the pictures/videos need to be on my computer somewhere from the times ive backed up my phone, correct?
    09-07-10 03:21 PM
    No. The DM backs up your data, not your memory card or 3rd party apps.

You sound like you need to wipe the device and reinstall an OS. I'd recommend the official one for your carrier since it sounds like you're going to be sending it back anyway. This way though you can tell customer service that you have tried to fix it and it hasn't worked...

Try to find an adapter for your media card and plug that into the computer to see if you can copy the things off of it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-10 03:37 PM
    It sounds like your media card is not read by the device. Take it out and then send return it.
    09-07-10 03:50 PM
    Let me ask this: you did make sure you kept your original media card and sent the new one back with your old device when you sent it in right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-10 03:59 PM
    I was thinking of that as well! Smart question TS. I do think a replacement comes without media card and the op said it functioned fine in the beginning so I assume he didnt miss something
    09-07-10 04:24 PM
    I figured it out, I put the SD card into a reader and my stuff is still on there, and when I put it in it happened to work. Maybe it became lose or something.

So now that thats figured out, why would my phone continue to just turn off and reboot every now and then? I havent dropped it and its never been near water...
    09-08-10 05:35 PM
    The rebooting may be a loose battery door which causes the connections to sometimes disengage, thus causing the shutdown and reboot. This is an old Tour problem that most people "fixed" by wedging a folded piece of paper or business card between the battery and the cover. Give it a shot. Good luck.
    09-09-10 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD