I recently lost my Tour or it was stolen. It doesn't matter what really happend. It happend.
    I received a Certified Refurbished Tour today from Verizon and want to restore all of my data and applications that I have on my desktop under Blackberry Desktop Manager.
    I plugged in the "new" phone and the Desktop Manager does not see the phone, all it asks for is the old phone which, obviously, is not in my possession.

I have the PIN to the old phone, and the PIN to the "new" phone.

How do I transfer data backed up from the old, unavailable, phone to the "new" available phone?

I cannot find phone numbers or contact information for either Blackberry or Verizon Support. Should'nt there be a helpline for Blackberry owners that lose phones and need to reapply the backups to a new phone? What is the backup for?

OK, bottom line, how do I use Blackberry Desktop Manager to transfer backups from one PIN to another PIN?
    03-02-11 11:17 PM
    This tip is written for upgrading to a different BB, but it is essentially the same for replacing your BB.

Upgrading to a new BB? Here's How!
    03-03-11 01:51 PM
    I can never find carriers numbers either, so what I do is just google the carriers customer survice number

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-11 11:38 PM
    Seem to me like there should be an easy way to do it within Blackberry Desktop.
    03-04-11 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD