Like an ***** - I didn't realize the contacts from my e-mail were synchronized with my BB. I deleted contacts in my e-mail and to my surprise it deleted the contacts from my BB as well. Is there anyway to restore just the missing contact information from the handset? If not, is there any hope of restoring these contacts??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    09-07-10 04:37 PM
    If you have a back up you can restore them from there. You have to use advanced restore, if not ur screwed
    09-07-10 04:47 PM
    My guess is in order to have a backup I would have had to create one. I honestly can't remember if I ever created one. How do I do an advanced restore?
    09-07-10 04:53 PM
    Via Desktop manager, but if you never made a back up its useless. Did you have another BB before this one and if yes did you transfer contacts from that device to this one?
    09-07-10 05:00 PM
    Learned my lesson on the backup - after having a BBs for years without any problems I was careless. I did have a BB before this one and I did transfer my contacts from the previous device.
    09-07-10 05:04 PM
    I have my contacts backed up via Google Sync, since I am mobile the vast majority of the time. I used it to transfer my contacts while the Best Buy crew was trying to pull the contacts off of my old Curve.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-10 05:43 PM
    Learned my lesson on the backup - after having a BBs for years without any problems I was careless. I did have a BB before this one and I did transfer my contacts from the previous device.
    Check the Blackberry folder(s) and search for an update there. Theoretically you should have a file in those folders from your device transfer. This also contains your contacts or do a search for *.dpi on your computer. This might be easier who knows an old back up pops up.

Not sure but I think the device transfer file is a .dpi file as well. I'm not on my onw pc so cannot check.

If you find the most recent .dpi file you can restore it to your device. BE AWARE: if you a complete restore it will wipe all your current data, so an advanced restore and then just choose contacts would be better, otherwise you loose everything on your device. I think you can do an advanced restore via the restore option. You might need to point DM to the back up file.

I hope this will help you. I back up once a week minimal
    09-07-10 08:35 PM
    And did you manage to get your contacts back?
    09-13-10 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD