Okay, so here is the deal. I have all my E-Mail addresses on my blackberry:

<username>@gmail.com
    <username>@vzw.blackberry.net
    <username>@<mycompany>.com

The thing is, is that I like for my G-Mail to label my messages. So I told blackberry not to forward mail from my vzw or my jobs E-Mail to my phone. Thus, I can still send from those address but I don't get E-Mail from them. Instead, my G-Mail gets the mail from those accounts, and THEN it forwards to my phone. Here is what I deal with.

My co-worker (for example) sent an email to my company's address. G-Mail got that message and sent it to my phone. Thus, I want to reply to the message using my company E-Mail. So when I hit reply I go up to where it says my Send Using: field and click it, intent on changing. However, it won't let me. Since it came to my phone via G-Mail it will only let me reply to it via G-Mail. This isn't fair, it seems, since I own all of those accounts and I should be able to send from whichever I wish.

Now I know that I could always copy the quoted text, copy the email address, and compose an E-Mail using my work address, but that is a LOT of extra work, and I normally forget to do that! Not kosher.

So my question to all my fellow crackberry users is this; Is there a work around for this that will let me select a different Send Using: address other than the one the E-Mail came to my phone from?

I hope this made sense. I can clarify further if need be.

Regards,

CBAddict RockerBoy402
    11-02-09 01:35 PM
    I dont' think there is a work-aournd for this. Your reply will com from the email address that received the email (i.e., your Gmail address). I will definitely follow this thread bc I am interested in a work around as well. Perhaps one alternative is to access your company email account from your intranet and reply from that point, and not the Gmail address.
    11-02-09 03:09 PM
    What if you do a forward instead of a reply?
    11-02-09 03:10 PM
    You can't reply from another email address. It's like you sent an email asking for the day off, and you receive a response from an address that you don't know saying that it was approved.

To get around it, you have to forward the email to the person, change the subject from fw: to re:, and change the email account used to forward the email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 03:40 PM
    I know with Google, as long as you verify your email address, you can choose what your reply to address is for each email you send out. Perhaps there's a function allowing this in the Gmail app? I don't use it, so I can't check.
    11-02-09 03:40 PM
    Okay, so here is the deal. I have all my E-Mail addresses on my blackberry:

<username>@gmail.com
    <username>@vzw.blackberry.net
    <username>@<mycompany>.com

The thing is, is that I like for my G-Mail to label my messages. So I told blackberry not to forward mail from my vzw or my jobs E-Mail to my phone. Thus, I can still send from those address but I don't get E-Mail from them. Instead, my G-Mail gets the mail from those accounts, and THEN it forwards to my phone. Here is what I deal with.

My co-worker (for example) sent an email to my company's address. G-Mail got that message and sent it to my phone. Thus, I want to reply to the message using my company E-Mail. So when I hit reply I go up to where it says my Send Using: field and click it, intent on changing. However, it won't let me. Since it came to my phone via G-Mail it will only let me reply to it via G-Mail. This isn't fair, it seems, since I own all of those accounts and I should be able to send from whichever I wish.

Now I know that I could always copy the quoted text, copy the email address, and compose an E-Mail using my work address, but that is a LOT of extra work, and I normally forget to do that! Not kosher.

So my question to all my fellow crackberry users is this; Is there a work around for this that will let me select a different Send Using: address other than the one the E-Mail came to my phone from?

I hope this made sense. I can clarify further if need be.

Regards,

CBAddict RockerBoy402

I have my email forwarded from my email account to Gmail and manage it there and it is then sent to my BB. There is a setting in the email setup to select what you want as the "reply to" address. Go to email setup, select the account and choose "edit" (from the Menu) and you should see an option to change the "reply to" address to what you want.

Last edited by Cracked Tooth; 11-03-09 at 10:52 PM.
    11-03-09 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD