anyone have any experience with this? i dropped my phone last week and it stopped scrolling left. i opened up the phone and undid al connections and then redid all connections and everything was back to normal. this past saturday, i'm just sitting there and pick up my blackberry and all of a sudden it won't scroll left anymore. so when i got home i opened it up again and repeated the undoing/redoing of the connectors but this time it did not fix the problem. the trackball has also been replaced to a new tour trackball and a new curve trackball, neither of which would scroll left. so i;ve come to the conclusion that it is the sensor and not the trackball. if anyone has had any experience with replacing this sensor or knows how to do it, please help. thanks.
    04-12-10 12:43 PM
    anyone have any experience with this? i dropped my phone last week and it stopped scrolling left. i opened up the phone and undid al connections and then redid all connections and everything was back to normal. this past saturday, i'm just sitting there and pick up my blackberry and all of a sudden it won't scroll left anymore. so when i got home i opened it up again and repeated the undoing/redoing of the connectors but this time it did not fix the problem. the trackball has also been replaced to a new tour trackball and a new curve trackball, neither of which would scroll left. so i;ve come to the conclusion that it is the sensor and not the trackball. if anyone has had any experience with replacing this sensor or knows how to do it, please help. thanks.
    Peace of cake did it a few times ,Take fastener seen on left off back of sensor.
    The faster has 3 small tabs on sides that fasten into frame which need to be pulled back gently..don't pry to hard take your time getting them to pop loose

Last edited by Slingbox; 04-12-10 at 02:20 PM.
    04-12-10 01:47 PM
    WOW thank you soo much.. was looking all over the place for help on this issue. i really hope this fixes my problem - seems like it should be culprit.

can i ask why you swapped out your sensor a few times?
    04-12-10 03:14 PM
    WOW thank you soo much.. was looking all over the place for help on this issue. i really hope this fixes my problem - seems like it should be culprit.

can i ask why you swapped out your sensor a few times?
    Im a tech geek..always have to take things apart.
    I did mine a few months ago , 4 of them at Sprint service center and my brothers.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 04-12-10 at 03:54 PM.
    04-12-10 03:51 PM
    cool! tried cleaning with alcohol but still no fix.. looks like i will have to swap it out once the sensor arrives.
    04-12-10 10:09 PM
    cool! tried cleaning with alcohol but still no fix.. looks like i will have to swap it out once the sensor arrives.
    When replacements trackballs fail to respond sensor pull is needed f,sure.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 04-13-10 at 01:36 PM.
    04-13-10 01:06 PM
    When replacements trackballs fail to respond sensor pull is needed f,sure.
    that's great to hear! making me feel better that my tour will be okay soon.
    04-13-10 01:43 PM
    all fixed! simple to swap out sensors with slingbox's picture and instructions. if anyone else is having a problem look at the picture and instructions. pretty simple job
    04-19-10 09:49 PM
    Sorry to bring up this thread... I have this bold 9000 with a defective sensor... is it hard to Pry out the Sensor and install it with the new one? Is there a Youtube video illustrating the swap???

And Does anything need to be soldered?
    09-09-10 12:38 AM
    I would suggest to ask this in the 9000 forum

The technique used in the 9000 is different then in a 9630
    09-10-10 12:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD