Hi everyone... I'm probably going to be replacing my trackball tonight and just wondered if anyone had some hints/tips/tricks? I've watched multiple youtube videos and they seem like they could do it in their sleep. This would be my first attempt at something like this. Just wasn't sure if anyone had some common sense things that wouldn't be obvious to a newbie like myself...

(This is a phone I got off ebay since I'm still in the middle of a contract and decided the Droid Devour wasn't for me. So I doubt I could take it to a Verizon store and they would do anything. So I decided to replace the trackball myself.)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-10 12:03 PM
    I found this walkthrough helped me the most.

Sprint Blackberry tour breakdown. - InsiderForums

First time I did it, it took about 10 minutes from start to finish. Toughest part was not breaking the little tabs when removing the earpiece.
    08-28-10 12:38 PM
    wow... thank you. That's pretty much perfect. I definitely appreciate it. That made it cut and dry. Some videos just flew through it and others weren't the best quality. That site will definitely come in handy.
    08-28-10 01:25 PM
    Just an update...

I ended up replacing my trackball using the link above and a few youtube videos. I was incredibly nervous the whole time but it seemed to go pretty well. (surprised myself haha) I kept my fingers crossed that the screen wouldn't be black as it powered on and it worked.

The problem is that now although it feels better and more friction to the ball, i can't go left and right at all. Up and down is fine but nothing horizontal. If anyone has some advice I could really use it. I bought 2 spares just in case but even if I put the 2nd spare in, will it make a difference? Any ideas or thoughts?
    08-29-10 06:51 PM
    I just put in the second spare trackball... No luck again. Having the same exact problem.... Can go up and down just fine. But can't go to the right at all. Is it maybe something with the chip board thing underneath? Any help would definitely be appreciated...
    08-29-10 07:57 PM
    Wow... another development in my case. If i scroll left it goes right and if i scroll right it goes left. But up and down are fine. I don't mean to be a pest, but if anyone could help i'd definitely appreciate it.

I managed to get into my settings and change the sensitivity to 90 for both and that's when i noticed it doing the opposite direction thing. I also turned on the audible click and it sounds normal and in sync with my movement.
    08-29-10 08:01 PM
    are you positive the trackball is set with the correct side up
    08-29-10 09:14 PM
    I believe so... "teardrop down" I thought that too. Just seems odd that up/down is perfect but horizontal is goofy. I'm bummed but I guess that's the game when you buy off ebay or wherever.
    08-29-10 09:23 PM
    oh that could be the problem too - buying it off of ebay.
    08-29-10 10:34 PM
    this phone is the worst the change the ball on. i've had nothing but problems with it
    08-29-10 10:50 PM
    yeah... I am in the middle of my contract and decided Android really wasn't for me. So I went the ebay route. The phone is in mint condition. Just the trackball issue. I'm trying to be positive about it tho lol. The same thing could have happened if I got it right from the hands of the CEO of Verizon.
    08-30-10 05:10 AM
    I just replaced my trackball because it wouldn't go to the right. New one still will not go right.

Not sure what I want to do now. Try another new trackball or come up with something else.
    08-30-10 05:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD