I purchased a Tour about three weeks ago. Last night, the screen cracked, and now I cannot read anything on the screen. I took it to the store to try and put insurance on it (they said I had 30 days to decide if I wanted insurance or not). When I did they, they asked to look at the phone. Since they saw the crack, they said there was nothing I could do. The guy there tried to help me out, and said call Assurion on Monday to try and put insurance on it. I could try that, but I don't really want to mess around with fraud.

So that leads me to my question. Is it possible/easy to replace a screen on a Tour? Or are there any alternatives to get my Tour fixed? Thanks in advance.
    11-07-09 04:31 PM
    I dont think there are any replaceable screens on ebay as far as I know.....
    11-07-09 04:32 PM
    11-07-09 04:56 PM
    11-07-09 04:58 PM
    Replacing the screen doesn't look too complicated if you're reasonably inclined. Be aware that dismantling the device and breaking the seals will void the warranty if it's not performed by a RIM authorized tech.
    11-07-09 06:48 PM
    There might be one in your area. You could ask at the store to see if they could refer you to one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 07:13 PM
    fumbalah, are you talking about a RIM authorized tech? Do you think I could send it in somewhere to be fixed? How would I go about doing this?
    11-07-09 11:54 PM
    Can anyone else confirm that I can send my Tour in somewhere to be fixed?
    11-08-09 08:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD