This is my third Tour (I just got this one a week ago) and with it sitting in my pocket where I have service, not running ANY applications, it is running hot and draining battery very quickly. Did a battery pull, double checked memory leaks, and nothing is taking care of it. It's draining at about 15% per hour. Any thoughts (other than Tours suck.)
    08-02-10 04:10 PM
    What OS build are you running? Is it a hybrid? Sometimes certain leaked/official OS builds as well as hybrids can wreck havoc on battery life. Where did you get the replacement battery? Maybe the battery itself is no good. Also, I have noticed my 9630 can run pretty hot ordinarily and this is only compounded by putting it in my pocket... are you outside in the heat? I have noticed my battery seems to drain much more quickly when its very warm outside and the battery itself is warm. Also, take the battery out of the device and check for corrosion on the device's battery "prongs" as well as on the battery itself. Any of this going on?
    08-02-10 10:09 PM
    The whole device is the replacement. Like in my signature, I'm running .732, no hybrid.
    08-02-10 11:42 PM
    ......same problem here. Sprint couldn't figure it out, got a new/refurbed one
    08-03-10 02:10 PM
    my phone is doing the same thing running hot most of the day I just work throught it Sprint says the same thing to me they dont knw what to do about it either
    08-03-10 06:51 PM
    So I called and complained again, considering this is my third replacement, and they gave me these options:

The old policy made it so that you would get refurb replacements until the end of time no matter how many problems you had. Now, after 3 replacements, you can go to a corporate store and request the store manager to agree to let you upgrade to a new device with the 2-year contract renewal price.

OR...

Apparently, with the Tour, the techs have the ability to send you a Bold 9650 as a replacement, but it's under their discretion. He said that he was going to do it based on good payment history and such on my account. This is the option I took; my Bold should be here Thursday.
    08-03-10 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD