So my keyboard and buttons stopped working on my tour last week, got a replacement phone in the mail on wednesday. Last night i start having trackball issues already and the ball wont scroll down. I called up verizon asking for another replacement and was seeing if there was anyway i could upgrade to the bold since this is the second time ive had to get a replacement phone due to trackball issues and ive also had just the trackball replaced on my previous tour 2-3 times as well. Of course she said the only way is for me to use an early upgrade when one becomes available or theyll sell me an 8530 for $150 or something. I said if i was going to spend $150 on a phone i wouldnt spend it on an 8530 and id almost rather just switch to att and get a 9700 since i dont think i should have to pay money because of a defective phone and especially for such a known and widespread issue. The only response i got was "we dont want you to do that, well call you in a month and see if we can help you out with an upgrade." Has anyone had any success getting verizon to replace their tours with bolds and howd you do it? (of course with the exception of those 2 weeks or whatever in august when they were out of tours). Im getting fed up with these trackball issues and i feel like a company should be doing a little bit more than replacing defective devices with defective devices and should have a better response when a customer wants to switch to another carrier. But hey what do i know. Rant over.
    11-21-10 03:25 PM
    Short term try running it face down on a very clean piece of paper on a very smooth, very clean surface so you don't scratch the front of the BB. Just press down while you roll it around and you can probably free up the ball.

As a long term solution I can't tell you how to get them to replace your Tour with a Bold for free. As a last resort, maybe ask them how much they'll sell you a refurb Bold for if it's something you want, and don't want to spend much on a replacement.
    11-21-10 04:12 PM
    So you are not eligible for an upgrade?
    11-22-10 01:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD