I replaced my 16G SD card in my Tour with a 32G card. I put the 32G card in my device and let it initialize. Next, I copied the files verbatim back onto the 32G card. All of the files are there and everything is working great.

When I open my music files, they pop right up and all of the albumn art etc is there. No problems.

Here is the strange thing. When I open up the pictures folder, it takes about 15 seconds to bring the pictures and sub-folders up. When I had my 16G card, they all popped up pretty quickly, in just a few seconds.

Is there something I have done wrong or is this just the device memory searching a larger SD Card?

Anyone?

Thanks.
    12-27-10 02:19 PM
    I replaced my 16G SD card in my Tour with a 32G card. I put the 32G card in my device and let it initialize. Next, I copied the files verbatim back onto the 32G card. All of the files are there and everything is working great.

When I open my music files, they pop right up and all of the albumn art etc is there. No problems.

Here is the strange thing. When I open up the pictures folder, it takes about 15 seconds to bring the pictures and sub-folders up. When I had my 16G card, they all popped up pretty quickly, in just a few seconds.

Is there something I have done wrong or is this just the device memory searching a larger SD Card?

Anyone?

Thanks.
    It is searching a larger card just to start out with and from there it should open everything fairly quickly like your old 16G card but you should have formatted the card first no matter what and then added your files back to the new card.
    12-27-10 02:28 PM
    I should probably take it out, format the card then copy the files back onto the card again...
    12-27-10 02:37 PM
    I should probably take it out, format the card then copy the files back onto the card again...
    I would do that no matter what so you have a freshly formatted card. You can even do it on your desktop computer and if you have all the files from your card on your computer, then drag them back on the card and insert the card right back into your BB. You should then be good to go.
    12-27-10 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD