I'm new to BB here so please be patient LOL!

I download the YouMail voicemail app onto the phone and hate it. I want to remove it. I've gone into applications downloads and can't find.

1) How do I find it?

2) How do I go about deleting it when I find it?

Thanks for your help. Sorry it's a dumb question, it's gonna take me weeks to figure out this phone!
    10-21-09 04:04 PM
    Look in Options / Security Options / Application Permissions.

You can delete Apps from there too.
    10-21-09 04:37 PM
    go to options/advanced options/applications. Choose Youmail, hit the menu button and choose delete.

At the top of this forum, right under the crackberry.com logo, there is a "blackberry help" tab. It has a getting started guide and a series of "blackberry 101" tutorials. Read them.
    10-21-09 05:12 PM
    Did what both of you suggested and YouMail wasn't in either of those! Any other suggestions? I've read most of the Blackberry 101 but some of this stuff still mindboggles me!

Thanks for your help - greatly appreciate it!
    10-21-09 05:29 PM
    I deleted this app as well. Just didn't like it. After I deleted the app all my voice mails continued to go thru youmail? God! was soooo annoying. Had to finally write them an email(which they responded to pretty quickly) They advised me to press *82 (I think? It was in August) and that would reset it to my reg. voice mail.
    10-21-09 05:37 PM
    Write them an email. It's your phone and you should be able to decide what apps you want on there!
    10-21-09 05:38 PM
    Thks BBAddict...I was finally able to remove it (I think) and it sent me to *73 (I think or some weird * number) but no one has left me a vm yet, so waiting til that happens. I was finally able to access my Verizon voicemail the *86 way and got messages = so that is a plus.

Thanks everyone.!
    10-21-09 06:48 PM
    If you go into youmail app and options there is a disable youmail button you have to click before deleting, this happened to me too my mail was going thru youmail as I switched from storm to KRZR to tour to tour. The thing is it does this because even if your on a phone where you either can't or don't have the app you can still get you voicemail on the computer or thru texts/emails. I wish this app had a better interface I woulda kept it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 06:53 PM
    Thks BBAddict...I was finally able to remove it (I think) and it sent me to *73 (I think or some weird * number) but no one has left me a vm yet, so waiting til that happens. I was finally able to access my Verizon voicemail the *86 way and got messages = so that is a plus.

Thanks everyone.!
    You are welcome. Glad we could help.
    10-21-09 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD