Someone recently left me a voicemail and that brought up two icons, one that's recognizable as a voicemail icon and the other is a SMS icon. In my SMS and MMS view there's actually a line that reads Voicemail. Is there any way to get rid of this SMS icon?
    12-04-09 10:33 PM
    click on it. (read it/mark read)
    12-04-09 10:34 PM
    What I meant was, how do I not get double notifications of voicemail... the voicemail icon itself is enough to let me know so the SMS notification is kind of redundant.
    12-04-09 10:36 PM
    oh. it is redundant, i agree, but thats the way phones are set up. all voicemails are sent as sms on all phones*. no way of stopping this.
    12-04-09 10:44 PM
    or you can just call spint and eliminate your VM feature... i personally dont ever listen to them, and HATED the notifications...
    12-07-09 10:30 AM
    or you can just call spint and eliminate your VM feature... i personally dont ever listen to them, and HATED the notifications...
    LOL never heard that one before
    12-07-09 10:51 AM
    You can also merge them with your Message window. This annoyed me to no end when I got my Tour. I still don't get who thinks this is a good idea, that even after you've checked your voicemail you still have an extra notification icon.
    12-07-09 05:34 PM
    LOL never heard that one before
    VZW will let you delete the voicemail service too.
    12-08-09 09:09 AM
    Its a cmda thing with blackberries, the vm notification AND sms notification.
    12-08-09 09:13 AM
    VZW will let you delete the voicemail service too.
    I guess it makes sense to remove the service if you don't want it, but it was the " i personally dont ever listen to them" part that I thought was hilarious.

I admit, some voicemails are annoying when it's your friend or something just saying to call them back, cause you already get a missed call notification, why would you feel the need to leave a pointless voicemail? But it is good for when a business calls you and you don't feel like talking, so you just let them say what they need to say in the voicemail
    12-08-09 09:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD