Ugh. I received an email yesterday from BigTinCan that there was a beta version of BuzzMePro, asking if anyone wanted to test it.

I uninstalled the previous version, rebooted, downloaded the beta, then installed the beta. I then rebooted my phone again and am stuck with the error message: "Reload Softwares 552" and have lost all my ,data (haven't backed up my phone in a month, ugh again).

There are all of two google hits on this error (one here), and both pretty much saying it's bricked.

I contacted BigTinCan just now, but don't know if that's truly the reason, altho nothing else makes much sense.

(Neither Desktop Manager, nor Windows recognizes the phone...how would one go about reinstalling the OS?)

Has anyone else tried the beta version of BuzzMePro?

Thanks,
    Sandy
    09-22-09 06:42 PM
    I've 552ed my Tour twice... first time, it was BuzzMe free version (not beta) and second time, Epocrates. Other people have done it with different Apps, with fingers pointed at Viigo from time to time. Some also think that Opera Mini 5 beta is another offending app.

Frankly, I don't think it has anything to do with which App you try to install and 3rd party App developers are not to blame. The best hypothesis on these boards is that sometimes the OS blips and installs an App into the portion of the memory needed for the OS.

If this hypothesis is right, then what is recommended? Well, back up your data and Apps (search the boards for instructions on backing up apps) from time to time... reinstall the OS and restore data and Apps. That said, RIM should get to the bottom of this if it is an OS issue and fix it ASAP. It sucks enough that I suffered an infraction for using foul language in the Crackberry forums (a no-no).
    09-22-09 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD