I downloaded opera mini beta 5 and google voice on my phone and when i battery pulled it it gave me reload software 552 and now I can't use my phone.. What should i do?
    12-06-09 08:08 AM
    12-06-09 08:31 AM
    YOU DON'T NEED TO RELOAD THE OPERATING SYSTEM!

This is an OS 4.7 problem. Some apps are getting installed improperly and are causing an index error. From what I can tell, it isn't a memory issue, but the number of apps installed that causes the error.

You do need to go Desktop Manager, or use BBSAK to get into your BB. Delete the most recently installed app. The BB should boot up properly after that.

Anytime you install an app, make sure to run it right away. If you get an "out of memory" error, delete the newly installed app. That will keep you from getting the 552 error.

Your choices then are to delete another app before installing the new one, or move up to a leaked 5.0 OS. 5.0 doesn't have the indexing error.
    12-06-09 09:40 AM
    I learned this the hard way as well...

Whenever you get an application error right after installing it, instead of pulling the battery, uninstall it! Pulling the battery will almost guarantee a bricked device.
    12-06-09 11:14 AM
    Complete the following steps:

Verify that the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager and the current BlackBerry Device Software (for your BlackBerry smartphone) is installed on the computer.
    Remove the battery from the BlackBerry smartphone. Do not re-insert the battery.
    Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager on the computer.
    Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer using a USB cable.
    On the BlackBerry Desktop Manager main screen, click Application Loader.
    In the Update Software area of the Application Loader, click Start.
    Click Options. This allows you to add or remove applications from the BlackBerry smartphone.
    Select the applications that you want to install.
    Click Next.
    Click Next.
    Click Finish.
    When the application load process starts, insert the battery into the BlackBerry smartphone.
    12-06-09 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD