well I got this error this morning. This is the second tour in 2 months to have this happen. My first 2 tours had track ball issues Since this is the 4th tour to die, do you think I can go into a local store and get another phone? do you think that I might be able to switch to a storm 2? is that a good idea?
    Thanks
    11-26-09 06:24 PM
    I had that 552 error a few months ago, I can help you get it up and running again if you want.
    11-26-09 06:37 PM
    well I got this error this morning. This is the second tour in 2 months to have this happen. My first 2 tours had track ball issues Since this is the 4th tour to die, do you think I can go into a local store and get another phone? do you think that I might be able to switch to a storm 2? is that a good idea?
    Thanks
    try searching for "error 552". you'll find plenty of threads with answers on how to fix.
    11-26-09 07:00 PM
    I would appreciate any help that you could provide. I did search the thread and tried what was suggested. My tour gets "stuck" in the initializing step with the desk manager.
    I had just gone on Crackberry and updated my 3rd party apps. ALL of them are compatible with the tour. I then got a memory error so I did a battery pull. The rest is history.
    11-26-09 07:08 PM
    You will have to wipe and reinstall the OS unfortunately. You can follow the links in my signature for instructions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 07:18 PM
    Let us know if you still need help.
    11-26-09 07:33 PM
    i would love some help. I am not the most computer savvy person on the planet however I folowed the suggestions in the threads earlier today.If you could guide me through the process I would be very grateful.
    11-26-09 07:37 PM
    I plugged my phone into the computer and opened up desktop manager. From there you can go to application loader and go to update software and it should give you the option to wipe your phone and then reinstall everything on it. It was awhile ago, but I am pretty sure that is how it is done. It is pretty self explanatory, it helps you through it. I cant look it up right now.
    11-26-09 08:35 PM
    Okay, so once DM opens and your phone is hooked up go to application laoder, add/remove applications, then it should detect everything that is left, then click settings and click 'back up device data...', 'delete all application..., and 'erase all currently installed app. Then after that go back to application loader in desktop manager and select update software and it will update. After that is all done go to 'back up and restore', and click on 'restore'. Then open the file DM made of all your backed up data if you had any.
    11-26-09 08:54 PM
    I tried the one more time before I went to bed and it worked this time. I don"t know why it didn"t work before. Thank you for all your assistance. I'm on call with my job and it would have been a hassle if I didn't get the phone fixed.
    11-27-09 05:29 AM
    Good to hear! You are welcome.
    11-27-09 12:15 PM
    I had this happen at least 5 times on my Tour. I upgraded to the beta OS5.0.0.230 and haven't had a problem since.

kiddoc
    11-27-09 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD