I just bought my Tour last week, and I'm trying to figure everything out. This is my first BlackBerry,so I am still struggling. My question is if there is a way to change how long the notifier stays on after receiving a message. I feel like it disappears too quickly. Any help would be great!
    08-17-09 09:09 PM
    I want to say the LED flashes for about 10 mins? I've never bothered to time it. There are apps available that customize the LED.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 09:12 PM
    It should stay on until you open the App in question.

Example: Let's say you receive 2 emails. Bingo, you now have the red asterisk on your Messages Icon.
    Once you go to Messages, the red asterisk will be gone upon exiting, even if you don't open up the new messages.
    08-17-09 09:14 PM
    Whoops! Did you mean LED at the top right corner of your device blinking red every few seconds as danoh discusses, or the red asterisks that appear on your Icons?
    08-17-09 09:16 PM
    Sorry for the confusion. Yes, I am referring to the red LED on the top right of the phone that blinks. I want to have this stay on longer if possible instead of the 10 minutes or so that danoh mentioned. If I have my phone on silent while I am sleeping or under other circumstances, it would be nice to take a glance at the phone for messages even after that 10 minutes has gone by.
    08-17-09 09:56 PM
    I actually thought it stayed on indefinitely if you don't touch your device, but maybe I'm mistaken.
    08-17-09 09:58 PM
    For me in blinks like every five seconds if there's an alert, and it was the same on my storm

08-17-09 10:13 PM
    The red LED blinks every 3 seconds or so for 15 minutes after receiving a message.

08-17-09 10:26 PM
    I hate that red light
    08-17-09 10:41 PM
    I turned the red light off. I think if it were to flash for longer than 15 mins or so, you'd have considerable drain on your battery.. especially overnight (though most users charge overnight).
    08-17-09 10:43 PM
    Mine stopped showing up all together. Any thoughts on what would have caused this? I kinda rely on it while at work because I turn it to silent..
    08-18-09 02:49 PM
    I turned the red light off. I think if it were to flash for longer than 15 mins or so, you'd have considerable drain on your battery.. especially overnight (though most users charge overnight).
    How much of a drain? I am curious, as I have BerryBuzz and set all sorts of custom LED alerts for my different accounts. It may be a shame to get rid of them but I may have to shorten their duration and/or lengthen the intervals if they impact the battery life to a significant extent.
    08-18-09 03:07 PM
    It's an LED it doesn't have a very significant battery usage for average users.

I also thought the indicator light kept flashing until you opened up the folder. Didn't know it timed out... Learn something new everyday.
    08-18-09 03:09 PM
    Mallinj- How did you turn the light off?

I highly doubt the LED uses much battery at all as awu2 said, but I would like it to stay on longer regardless. When I'm at work, I can only glance at the phone on my workbench, because my hands are usually dirty.
    08-18-09 04:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD