So I received my replacement tour today. My original one was a "green dot" Tour. I had no problems with it whatsoever. The phone was great until I got a reload software 552 error. I have a Mac and even though I followed the instructions on a few of the threads on here I was unable to reload the OS. So I called Verizon and they sent out a refurbed one.

Well my question is my original Tour says made in Mexico 5 under the battery and the replacement says made in Canada 1. I can't tell the date of manufacturer on either of these phones. Should I keep my original Tour (I managed to reload the software using Windows 7) or should I keep the one made in Canada?

I was afraid about the "refurbished" condition of the replacement device but the phone looks brand new, the only real concern that I have is the trackball issue. I specifically checked my original phone to be a "green dot" phone, and now I am afraid if I keep the "new" phone it will start to have trackball issues.

So what do you guys think? I know this was a bit drawn out, but I would love some feedback/advice.

Thanks.
    12-08-09 03:35 AM
    keep the refurb, either phone can accrue a trackball issue, i'd just take the one with less wear and tear.
    12-08-09 03:39 AM
    Personally refurb works better than my original. you have a few days to run the refurb, as the defective one should e back to warehouse within 10 days
    12-08-09 05:29 AM
    Thanks for the replies. You guys are right. I'll try out the refurbished one for a few days and then I'll make my decision of which one to send back. Thanks again for the help/advice!
    12-08-09 10:07 AM
    I received a refurbished unit last week and I have found absolutely zero problems with it. I am convinced it is a brand new device as well. All the stickers were really on tight like the original, and there wasn't a single microscopic scratch anywhere on the device. If you happen to find any problems with the device you can always send it back for a new one.
    12-08-09 10:11 AM
    Keep the refurb and send back your original. Even if you have issues with your new one, you can replace it as well. All refurb phones are really phones that have never been used. I used to sell wireless. Don't worry. It is a good phone
    12-08-09 01:39 PM
    Alot of the Tours that are being refurbished didn't actually have anything wrong with them -- it was just the backdoor and the trackball. Also, the green dot doesn't mean anything.
    12-08-09 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD