Hi!

Does anyone else have a Tour that just will reboot itself? Mine was just sitting there when I noticed it was rebooting itself. When I first got it, it did it twice which were both on Sundays like today. Strange! I don't think the day has anything to do with it. Suggestions?
    10-04-09 03:08 PM
    Have you installed any 3rd party stuff, or some songs my co-worker had the same prob it turned out to be a bad .mp3 file.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 04:11 PM
    Typically a device reboots itself due to a lack of memory. You might want to look into how much space you do have left on your device Options>Status (Same screen as your PIN). Another option is the memory cleaning under (Memory Card or Memory in the options menu)

Also madneon was correct in pointing out third party applications. Most third party applications don't exactly close when you exit them, and can eat away at your memory. Make sure you are actually exiting the application and not just pressing the red telephone button.

Could always be a power issue, but most times just a memory issue.
    10-04-09 04:51 PM
    I would have to doubt a memory issue on a Tour, considering the 256mb of memory. I would lean towards a 3rd party application that didnt like the device.

Could you please let us know what OS you are running as well as what 3rd party applications you have installed, if any, on your device?
    10-04-09 04:59 PM
    Alright I have seen this issue on all 3 tours I have had and 3 tours my wife has had(so 6 total). Did extensive research on it as well. All 3 of the tours i have had do random reboots, uninstalled everything except the basic phone functions and it still continued to happen. Monitored my memory and was always above 100mb but it still happened. The OS upgrade did make it a little better, but it still does happen, I just deal with it now. I think it is either an os glitch or a memory leak that i haven't found yet.
    10-04-09 07:24 PM
    The only thing that has changed is that I did upgrade the OS.
    10-04-09 07:45 PM
    i have the same problem and my first tour didnt do this and i have the same apps as my new one. im calling tomorrow and getting a new one lol.
    10-04-09 09:53 PM
    Did any one learn of a solution for this problem as yet? this issue is killing me, It even reboots my phone in the middle of a call.
    09-26-10 11:48 PM
    I noticed a problem very similar to this (by the way it sounds), if not exactly the same problem. Mine rebooted frequently, 3-4 times per hour, and I decided to take it into the Verizon store. A representative told me that Blackberry made the batteries slightly too thin for the Tour and Storm, so when the phone is bumped a little bit, or set down onto a surface in several instances, the battery disconnects for a fraction of a second, and then reconnects, causing the reboot. This seemed like a very widespread issue by the way she explained it to me, but I've searched all over the internet without finding many people who have the same issue. The representative put a small sticky piece of plastic in the battery door to hold the battery in place and it has helped for the most part, but the problem still persists. I don't know what to do next because I'm not sure what Verizon will do if I take it back in and explain that I still have the problem; I'm not sure what I can reasonably ask for...a different phone that doesn't have the problem, since they recognize the problem is an issue?
    10-05-10 12:40 PM
    I got a replacement for my Tour when it developed the problem. I think the battery was slightly loose because I could reproduce the problem by shaking the phone vigorously or setting it down sharply on a flat surface. My replacement running 5.0.0.732 does not have the problem, at least not yet.
    10-05-10 02:10 PM
    I got a replacement for my Tour when it developed the problem. I think the battery was slightly loose because I could reproduce the problem by shaking the phone vigorously or setting it down sharply on a flat surface. My replacement running 5.0.0.732 does not have the problem, at least not yet.
    same here...originally i took it to Flextronics and they did a device wipe and a reset everything back to factory. then a week later i discovered that it was doing it when i put it on the coffee table. VZDub switched it out for me.
    10-05-10 05:30 PM
    I have/had the battery issue myself. Just replaced my 8330 with one of the refurb 9630's Sprint had on their site recently so I could remain off contract (fulfilled end of August) and keep my upgrade credit. Enjoying the phone now, but when I got it I would sit it down on the table or wherever fairly lightly and it would reboot itself when it hit the table. Thought it was a fluke, tried again and was able to duplicate it every time. Figured the battery door wasn't on good or something. Checked that and it was fine, noticed a rubbery "sticker" inside the battery door that hit about where the battery would be inside the phone. Figured it was supposed to hold the battery in more firmly, but wasn't doing the job. Folded up a little piece of paper and stuck it in behind the battery and haven't had a problem since. A rather ghetto-fab way of fixing it, but it works without a hitch now.
    10-19-10 11:58 AM
    I had the same problem with 4 replacement devices that I received. After I got around to bringing it to one of the stores, they found that the battery was loose. They put a couple of "shims" in place, and haven't had any problems to date.
    10-19-10 05:35 PM
    I have that problem but notice it only happens when I'm reading a group chat and go underground.
    10-24-10 02:14 PM
    For me, not only does it reboot, but the battery is completely drained having been completely full before the reboot. Anyone else experience this part too?
    02-05-11 08:45 PM
    This was happening to me so I took my Tour to sprint and they did a hard reset but it was still doing it so they swapped mine out and gave me a new/refurbished one. It seemed to work fine for about 3 days but today it decided to randomly reboot again

I think its time to find and buy a Blackberry Bold 9650
    02-06-11 02:28 PM
    Over at BBTweaks.com we have tested all the official & leaked OS releases. .975 was the last stable OS release. .983 & .1030 had reboot issues. Some users have reported no issues with these OS, but there are just as many users that have reboot problems with them. Until the next stable OS, we will continue to use .975 as the base OS.

02-06-11 08:16 PM
    For me, not only does it reboot, but the battery is completely drained having been completely full before the reboot. Anyone else experience this part too?
    yup, mine does this too. it's getting so that it happens quite often too, very annoying.

although, today i did a battery pull after it came back up and said my battery was dead. my phone came back up with 3 bars.
    02-06-11 10:10 PM
    Try the battery shim, & if that doesn't work load OS .975 & see it that fixes it.

02-06-11 10:13 PM
    I'm pretty sure its not an OS issue as my wifes phone has .975 which is ubber stable. I'll try the shim thing and see if that helps. I'm assuming shim it on the back ie where the existing pad is and I'll also try shimming the "edge" opposite the contacts.

02-07-11 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD