I don't get it though.... Why does it take a Blackberry longer to turn on than my laptop or desktop computer? It can't just be because of size, the Windows Mobile phones I've owned start in no more than 1:30... You would think for being a "business device" they would have received a bunch of complaints on this same topic and RIM would have addressed it a LONG time ago... Now its just a joke at work "oh you have a blackberry let's wait 10 minutes for it to boot up....". We can put a man in space but we can't turn our blackberry devices on in less than 3 minutes....lol.....its ridiculous....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That would require RIM to acknowledge that the phone needs rebooting more often than it really does need rebooting. Or something like that. Probably too many "fan-boys/girls" and not enough complaints.
    09-12-09 10:12 AM
    What I done see anyone reporting is when you are starting the timer: from when the screen blanks out, after you pessed all the keys when using the ALT SHIFT DELETE, from when you've removed or replaced the battery oy from when you select YES with Quickpull

My reboot time is 10 - 12 minutes from the time I select YES using Quickpull Lite.
    Stock OS
    18 Apps
    4 Themes
    9 Email Accounts

I'm on my fourth Tour and the reboot time has been pretty consistent among all 4. This is my first BB so I have nothing to compare but I have computer knowledge. The more you have to startup in a computer the longer it takes although 10 minutes is a long time.

09-12-09 10:33 AM
    I improved my 6 minute rebootin tour in 2 steps.

1. Use BBSAK and do a wipe device.

2. Reloaded .40 via desktop manager and made sure to only load the stuff I needed. ie no xtra languages, task manager, etc.

It cut my boot time in half. Even after reloading all the apps I had on it before.

09-12-09 10:34 AM
    3.5 minutes. Used to be 5 mins with .40 and now I'm on .42
    09-12-09 10:37 AM
    Sprint only gives you a 1gb sd card? Verizon gives you 2gb. That's so not cool!
    hah. isn't that somin...Verizon actually went 1up on another carrier (in terms of the sd card). that's unusual for 'em, but i'm not complaining. i'm glad they did give us a 2gig card.
    Last edited by webmastir; 09-12-09 at 11:13 AM.
    09-12-09 10:43 AM
    On my first Tour, manufactured in July, reboot time averages around 4 minutes which is fine for me.
    09-12-09 10:44 AM
    you guys doing reboots (alt+shift+del) or battery pulls. each yields a different time.
    09-12-09 12:28 PM
    Mine takes about 10-15 mins and this is my 3rd Tour. The first two had shorter reboot times with more apps.
    10-16-09 09:47 AM
    I hit the reset key at 10:48...back up at 10:52
    10-16-09 09:52 AM
    10 mins...on all three tours. Why isn't RIM all over this and other issues? Heck, you even mention ill of other mobile electronics and the manufacturers are all over you either trying to help or discredit you
    10-16-09 01:44 PM
    mine takes at least 3 minutes on a .230 OS
    10-16-09 01:48 PM
    10 minutes for mine from the time i click yes on quickpull until i'm up and running.
    10-16-09 02:19 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD