I'm having an issue with my Tour rebooting at any given moment. I have nothing installed that would cause it to do that. Any suggestions?
    01-22-11 04:43 PM
    What OS are you running? I know it's a long slog but you can read through the 5.0.0.1030 OS thread. My experience has been a complete wipe and 1030 installation has been a pretty stable platform. Mine (my wife's actually) is unlocked and running on a GSM network.
    01-22-11 04:48 PM
    Mine, since maybe this past Wednesday, has been randomly rebooting. I have been running 1030 since it was dropped with no issues. When upgrading, I did a fresh install (JL_Cmder) and it's been very stable. I have installed/updated a few apps within the last week, but nothing I would think should cause the issue. The first time it happened I was using WeatherBug, it crashed, and rebooted. The last few times it has rebooted, it's been sitting on my desk or a table and it had caught my eye while in the process. One morning I woke up and I could tell it had rebooted overnight. While checking my email, the GMail app wasn't running.

My Tour hasn't had any issues since I have had it. Coincidentally, on Friday, I ordered a Bold 9650 and it's on its way. Maybe the Tour knows it's getting shoved aside and becoming upset. It's been reliable and felt weird ordering the Bold when nothing has gone wrong with the Tour...yet. I wasn't planning on activating the Bold right away, it usually takes me a week or two to activate a new BB...I think it's a lack of commitment to changing phones.

I might do a complete wipe, just don’t feel like it at the moment. Like I said it is random and hasn’t annoyed me yet. We’ll see…
    01-31-11 01:38 PM
    The last stable OS on my Tour was .975, so that's what I went back to.
    01-31-11 03:14 PM
    Just follow these instructions: http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry

Hopefully you have backed it up prior...
    01-31-11 03:50 PM
    My experience is that it isn't nuked, it is just a problem with the OS. I have tested 975, 983, 1030 and 1041. I had reboot issues with anything higher than 975 and that is what I have gone back to as a base OS. Back up with DM and BBSAK (download at www.bsak.org). Load 975 on your PC and run loader.exe. Restore 3rd party apps with BBSAK and settings with DM. That should be all there is to it.
    01-31-11 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD