Hi guys/gals.

So I was on the 9930 but wanted to switch back to my Tour to return the Bold.

I called the so-and-so's at Sprint and they pulled up my Tour from my account and said they have now activated my Tour. When I go into my BIS, I do see that it's saying the Tour is on my account. I ran the diagnostic and it say "Radio Data Activation: NO". They didn't do something right, but I don't know what.

I am not getting any radio data activity (no internet/BIS). I tried to Register the phone via Mobile Network Options but it's not doing the arrow activity, showing it's connected to the data service.

I spoke with 3 different people who were clueless how to make this work. This is a working form; it shouldn't be this complicated to get it activated.

Long story short, they kept transferring me until Sprint finally closed for the evening.

Now I'm left without a data active phone.

Does anyone know the steps that I'm missing to get my phone working again PLEASE? I have no phone and I use it for work, including tomorrow!

Thanks.
    01-13-12 12:08 AM
    I figured it out myself, after MANY hours wasted.

For anyone else with this issue, here's how I fixed it - you will need to do a complete wipe of your device (so make sure to back it up first!):

1. Press: ##Alt (hold this down), enter RTN, press the Call button
    2. It will ask you for your MSL number: Enter this (you can get this from your service provider - I'm sure there are other ways, too)
    3. It will say it will now wipe everything off your phone.
    4. Press ok

It takes a while. I watched a movie while it did its thing. When it was done, I updated what I wanted from my apps (from the Blackberry Appworld), and ONLY restored emails, contacts, call logs, SMS texts, BBM Groups, and Calendar from my Backup file (from the Desktop Manager). Since I had to do a clean wipe, might as well clean the entire thing up.

I did have to reset my BIS after this on the computer when the phone was restored. BIS asked for my PIN and MEID number (To find this, go to Options>Status or find it under the battery) to get back in; then it had to re-validate email passwords, one by one etc.

What a pain. BUT, the phone is working - no thanks to Sprint.
    Last edited by HollyDay; 01-19-12 at 12:26 AM.
    bgriff25 likes this.
    01-13-12 03:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD