Im not sure if this would work, but what if we could replace the track ball?

Would that fix the "sticking trackball" problem?

Also i was just browsing the cnn.cn shop and noticed for the tour they have a oem track ball sensor board replacement. Would this fix the problem?

fyi the track ball sensor board replacement is SOLD OUT :S
    08-26-09 09:01 AM
    08-26-09 09:03 AM
    You will find a ton of threads already. It appears that rather than fixing it yourself, most carriers are replacing the bad units with good ones. And one or two threads do contain evidence that just replacing the trackball assembly (I don't think the sensor) with one from other trackball units does fix the problem.
    08-26-09 09:27 AM
    I also have seen alot of threads for this issue but i don't seem to have any issues with my track ball
    I may scroll to fast but thats the extent of it
    08-26-09 09:29 AM
    I also have seen alot of threads for this issue but i don't seem to have any issues with my track ball
    I may scroll to fast but thats the extent of it
    Ahhhh one of the lucky ones. I thought I was until it just started getting worse and never stopped.
    08-26-09 09:34 AM
    Mine is starting to get worse I've ad mine for about a month and I'm probably gonna have to take it in

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 12:49 PM
    Im not sure if this would work, but what if we could replace the track ball?

Would that fix the "sticking trackball" problem?
    SIMPLE TEST TO DETERMINE HARDWARE VS. SOFTWARE:
    Enable trackball clicking. Open a text message or document. If the cursor moves proportionately to the clicking, your stuttering and lagging is a software issue. If the cursor's response is disproportionate, its a hardware issue. Regardless of which issue one is afflicted with, both will be addressed very soon by R.I.M. as they're aware.
    08-26-09 04:35 PM
    so is mine messed up? *first trackball BB* up and down work great... left and right takes several rolls to get it to move over a icon...
    08-26-09 05:13 PM
    so is mine messed up? *first trackball BB* up and down work great... left and right takes several rolls to get it to move over a icon...
    This is the problem I am starting to have... I have had my phone aprox. 2 weeks.
    08-26-09 07:02 PM
    Mine was sticking a bit, but I used a q-tip and alcohol to clean it and it seems to have worked.
    08-26-09 07:06 PM

I have the same issue..i mean my phone is GREAT so what made it easy for me was to se the Horizontal setting to 90 and i left the vertical one at 80...
    08-26-09 08:26 PM
    I have the same issue..i mean my phone is GREAT so what made it easy for me was to se the Horizontal setting to 90 and i left the vertical one at 80...
    I have done the 80/90 setting a while ago but lately it seems to be getting worst.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 09:36 PM
    just call verizon i did today and they are sending out brand new ones because they dont have replacements in stock they are charging ca residents 40.42 in tax since they are brand new phones not replacements but they said once my bill comes they will erase the 40.42 so free but have to do a little more since they are out of refurbs but hey its new never touched
    08-26-09 10:12 PM
    [QUOTE=GG1;3443016]I have done the 80/90 setting a while ago but lately it seems to be getting worst.

I believe the point here is that on a new device, we should not have to fuss with settings to get the thing to work properly.I should work well with the default settings, or it's defective. If it's defective, give me another one that works.
    Simple.
    08-26-09 10:23 PM
    I clean mine with an alcohol pad once a week and I don't have any problems. A phone is just like a car you have to maintain it in order for it to perform well.
    08-26-09 10:58 PM
    shouldnt have to do weekly maint though my phone shouldnt require an oil change ever 3000 minutes of use its obvisously a hardware issue make sure you get yourself a good one they are working with everyone because they know whats wrong
    08-26-09 11:41 PM
    My 1st unit worked great for about 2 or 3 weeks and then it was hosed up. I took it in to have the guy look at it and he hadn't taken a tour apart yet. He didn't take out my 8GB card and he didn't know to take off the cover above the screen to get at the 2 screws in there. After they searched the store to find a replacement 8GB card (to make up for the one that had been snapped in half) the guy just started goofing off with the phone as they were getting me a replacement unit.

He took a trackball from a curve and put it in there and it seemed to work fine. It was white instead of black, but if it works I don't care. Either way I am on #2 and in the second week. At least these have the decency to fail early.....
    08-27-09 01:23 AM
    My 1st unit worked great for about 2 or 3 weeks and then it was hosed up. I took it in to have the guy look at it and he hadn't taken a tour apart yet. He didn't take out my 8GB card and he didn't know to take off the cover above the screen to get at the 2 screws in there. After they searched the store to find a replacement 8GB card (to make up for the one that had been snapped in half) the guy just started goofing off with the phone as they were getting me a replacement unit.

He took a trackball from a curve and put it in there and it seemed to work fine. It was white instead of black, but if it works I don't care. Either way I am on #2 and in the second week. At least these have the decency to fail early.....
    The dude took it apart before sending it in? I hope they don't accuse you of tampering with it!
    08-27-09 02:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD