when I tap behind the battery or set my phone down there is some sort of rattle...anyone else have this?Normal?
    08-02-09 08:42 PM
    Why would you tap behind the battery?
    08-02-09 08:44 PM
    because I heard it rattling when I set it down lol
    08-02-09 08:45 PM
    Sorry, I left my last few brain cells in your BB

No, no rattle over here.
    08-02-09 08:46 PM
    No rattle here every thing is in good order.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 08:52 PM
    Why would you tap behind the battery?
    Roflmao....I swear...people just find the ODDEST things to do with their phones lol...mine makes an odd noise when I rub sandpaper on the keyboard?
    08-02-09 08:55 PM
    If he heard the rattling when he set the device down, then it's almost second nature to figure out where the rattling is coming from, so he started tapping the phone all over in an attempt to do so. This isn't odd, it's almost expected.

If the rattling is bad, bring it in to a store and have them look at it. If they won't help you, call support on the phone and explain the situation to them. If you are within your return period (30 days) and it is a hardware problem, then I would get a replacement.
    08-02-09 08:59 PM
    If he heard the rattling when he set the device down, then it's almost second nature to figure out where the rattling is coming from, so he started tapping the phone all over in an attempt to do so. This isn't odd, it's almost expected.

If the rattling is bad, bring it in to a store and have them look at it. If they won't help you, call support on the phone and explain the situation to them. If you are within your return period (30 days) and it is a hardware problem, then I would get a replacement.
    Yep...heard the rattle and figured out where it was coming from
    08-03-09 03:48 PM
    any update on the rattle? Mine has it too, although it doesn't seem to be causing any problems.
    08-16-09 03:47 PM
    All the guys with the rattle: Do you have a SIM card inserted or is the SIM slot empty?

I have this same rattle in my Tour. My SIM card slot is empty...
    08-17-09 12:00 AM
    Roflmao....I swear...people just find the ODDEST things to do with their phones lol...mine makes an odd noise when I rub sandpaper on the keyboard?
    I have that same problem!
    08-17-09 12:03 AM
    I have that rattle on my Tour as well. My SIM card is inserted. When you sit the phone done you can hear the noise but when it is in your hand and you shake it, nothing. It doesn't appear to be affecting the function of the phone but I am taking mine in after work today to be looked at. Have only had it for a week at this point.
    08-17-09 06:34 AM
    i also have this problem, more specifically if you tap right on the camera panel, really annoying when you set the phone down even with a skin on it it still buzz's. anyone figure out a fix?
    10-19-09 10:16 AM
    I've had the same sound with all three of my tours. My best guess is that it is the vibrating mechanism.
    10-19-09 10:43 AM
    All 6 of my replacement phones have had that rattle behind the screen. All 6 have had a sim card installed. It bothered me until I got my 3rd replacement. Now I just accept the fact it is what it is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 11:13 AM
    I believe it might be your batter door. Hold the battery door tightly and then try looking for the noise.
    10-19-09 11:52 AM
    it is not the batt door, it is definitely internal.
    10-19-09 12:30 PM
    it is not the batt door, it is definitely internal.
    Yup, same with mine. With no battery and battery door, it still rattles.
    10-19-09 06:48 PM
    I'm reading through the posts on this thread while laughing as I see people talking about hearing something when "putting the phone down."...not being funny or anything but...what, are u guys slamming your Tours down or something?..."Pin Him, Pin him!!!....lol

By the way...if u guys really want to know what it is, you would have to know what the vibrator mechanism looks like. Its what's making the noise.
    10-19-09 08:57 PM
    ...not being funny or anything but...what, are u guys slamming your Tours down or something?..."Pin Him, Pin him!!!....lol
    Well you aren't funny and it doesn't take "slamming" down the tour to hear it. I can light tap the back and hear it; it doesn't bother me.
    10-19-09 09:13 PM
    Well you aren't funny and it doesn't take "slamming" down the tour to hear it. I can light tap the back and hear it; it doesn't bother me.
    Oh...I apologize if I offended u. I just put my phone down like normal, and yes I hear it too. But like u and others...it doesn't really bother me, especially since I know what it is already.
    10-19-09 09:26 PM
    My 1st one did it and my 2nd one does it. Not sure what it is. I thought it was a the busted speaker on my 1st one doing it but the 2nd one does it to.
    10-20-09 06:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD