If anyone out there has a Tour that all of a sudden begins randomly rebooting often AND when the phone comes back up the battery became completely discharged ... you have a bad battery and simply need to get a new one. The same thing happened to me and the new battery fixed the problem completely.

When your Tour battery begins going bad you will also notice that it holds a charge fairly well when you make no phone calls, but when you make a call it drains the battery a lot faster than in the past.

Note: Tours have a bad habit of occasionally randomly rebooting every once in a while (not often). But when it begins happening really frequently in combination with immediate full battery drain upon reboot, then all you need to do is get a new battery and kiss that problem goodbye.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    HollyDolly likes this.
    07-24-11 01:02 AM
    I have had my Tour for quite some time now...
    That must mean you've had your battery quite some time too. You and me both (over a year and a half), and I found your thread because I was experiencing the same problem.

Lots of interesting theories here, but BergerKing and IndePanda are correct. I received my new Amazon oem battery today, and problem solved. For less than 6 bucks shipped I might add.

Amazon.com: BlackBerry DX-1 Original Li-Ion Battery for BlackBerry Curve 8900, Tour 9630, Storm 9500 9530 and Storm2 9550: Cell Phones & Accessories
    09-13-11 07:46 AM
    I've had many random reboots on my 9650 and here are the troubleshooting steps I did:
    1. Install bare, naked carrier OS without any apps. Just restored calendar and emails.
    2. Still got reboots so I went to the carrier store and they replaced my device last week (still barely within the one year warranty).
    3. Still got reboots so I went to carrier store and asked them to replace the battery...20 hrs with no random reboots so far.
    I would recommend going with the bare, naked carrier OS then suspect the battery before replacing the device, imo.
    09-13-11 08:25 AM
    I'm on my 12th brand new battery with my Tour in less than a year...and it is still rebooting every couple of hours again. They are finally sending me a replacement 9650 (Tour 2) which I've read has the same/similar problems...lovely
    09-14-11 08:00 PM
    Only time my tour has rebooted on it's own has been when I had those OS's on it that tend to do that.
    09-14-11 08:22 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD