So I know how you can set the Tour (or any BB) to automatically go to Bedside mode when charging, and that you can set a specific profile that goes along with BSM.

Is there any way that the BB can recognize if it is charging via cradle versus a straight charger to the wall or USB charger to PC?

I am looking to get a Seidio charging cradle for at home. But I leave a USB charger in my computer bag for work. If there was a way to do what I asked, I wouldn't have to tell my BB to exit bedside mode when I plug in at work (which is no real big deal).
    Last edited by jlb21; 09-30-09 at 01:38 PM.
    09-30-09 01:31 PM
    I don't think that it can differentiate between USB and the pod charger, however, with OS 5.0 (.230), you can specify hours of the day to disregard going into Bedside Mode. That works for me for the instance you mentioned.
    09-30-09 02:44 PM
    That would. I would just tell it to disregard BSM from 7am-11pm or something like that. That would be perfect.

But I think I want to wait for an official software release for the Tour.

Thanks for your response.
    09-30-09 03:01 PM
    as far a setting a specific profile for bedside mode yes you can go to options, then scroll down under bedside mode to sound profile and pick the profile you want. i created a custom bedtime profile for this.
    09-30-09 04:31 PM
    I knew that, but thanks anyways. I have my bedside mode set to silent, phone radio on, LEDs off, dim screen yes.

Under normal circumstances, I don't expect calls at night but I leave the radio on. LEDs need to be off as I would either recognize the disco light in my sleep and wake up, or my cats would see them and try and bat at the berry. Vibrate would probably either wake me up or make the Berry and charger dance right off my nightstand.

I placed my order for my Seidio Tour charger last night. Can't wait.

Thanks for your replies......
    10-01-09 07:20 AM
    When setting the bedside mode...what does disable radio mean?

What's the radio?

Sorry for the ignorance
    10-01-09 07:53 AM
    The phone "radio". Turn radio off and you will not be able to send/receive calls.

This is something you would also want to do when on a plane and wanting to listen/watch media on your phone but be able to turn the phone part off.

Saves battery power too if you are in an area with a weak signal or somewhere inside your house with a weak signal as it will use more juice trying to find a good/strong signal.

I think.........
    10-02-09 07:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD