the LED light on my phone won't stop blinking red even after i read whatever message i recieve. it's not a big deal to me really, but is there a way to stop it without completely shutting the LED off? the only way it stops is if i turn the phone off and turn it on again. like i said i can live with it i'm just curious if there's another solution.
    09-05-09 06:25 PM
    Options screen/keyboard led notifications off
    09-05-09 06:26 PM
    Try a battery pull (pull out the battery while the phone is still on, wait 30-60 sec and then put the batter back in).
    09-05-09 06:28 PM
    Try a battery pull (pull out the battery while the phone is still on, wait 30-60 sec and then put the batter back in).
    Can anyone tell me the reason why some say wait X number of seconds before you put the battery back in?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 07:24 PM
    Good question... I'd assume it's because it takes that long for some of the internal processes in the device to shut down entirely and for the memory to clear out (ala when you have to reset your modem), but I don't really know for sure. I just know that whenever tech support would have me do a battery pull over the phone, they'd always have me wait 60 seconds before putting it back in.

Are there any actual BB techs out there that can answer this for us definitively?

Last edited by CafeRacer808; 09-05-09 at 07:35 PM.
    09-05-09 07:33 PM
    The wait is a theory of "dumping" any stored electricity from the battery like I said it's a"theory" some wait some don't. I have done both and see no difference.
    09-05-09 07:40 PM
    Another thing - some weather programs will use the led light for weather warnings or alerts, like high wind or excess heat.
    09-05-09 08:44 PM
    well I pulled out the battery, and that did the trick. the LED doesn't blink anymore after i check my messages.
    09-05-09 09:53 PM
    Make sure you check the messages folder as well and the SMS folder that looks like a phone. You may have a message there that you haven't deleted.

As for the battery pull. I wait about five seconds and it has never been an issue at all. I have also pulled it and as soon as it cleared the contacts put it back in. Doesn't seem to make any difference but use what you are comfortable with.
    09-05-09 10:32 PM
    Capacitors retain power even when the ba(tery is pulled. Leaving the battery out will drain the power in them.

09-05-09 10:35 PM
    Capacitors retain power even when the ba(tery is pulled. Leaving the battery out will drain the power in them.

labphoto hit the nail on the head! It takes time for stored energy to dissipate. Think about how your electric company switches transformers or grids. They do it so fast that all you see is a split-second interruption and none of your appliances shut down or reset.
    09-06-09 12:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD