They switched us to the Tour at work (Verizon) and I'm really loving this phone, but I did have a few questions from more experienced BB folks.

1) Is there a way to select multiple pictures to send in an MMS or email? I know I can go back and add one at a time, but there gotta be something quicker.

2) My ball will get stuck every so often, and all I have to do is spin it hard the other way a few times and this works. Any reason for that?

3) GPS... Does anyone else find GPS to be very tempermental and not want to work sometimes until the phone is restarted? (With Google Maps and the one that came with the tour)

4) Restarting the phone -- Is it supposed to take 5-7 minutes?

Thanks!
    12-07-09 02:33 PM
    Here are my answers to the best of my knowledge. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

1. Unfortunately there is no way to select multiple pics for MMS. I think I've tried every button combo and still haven't found a way to do it.

2. Some people have had trackball issues where it won't scroll properly. I think it was a hardware issue. The only way to correct this was to get a replacement berry and hope that one worked correctly.

3. I don't use GPS on my Tour so I wouldn't be the best person to answer this question.

4. It really does take that long.....lol

Hope this helps out.
    12-07-09 02:50 PM
    I haven't had any trouble with the GPS on my Tour. My phone used to take about 3 minutes to restart until I added a few more apps. Now it takes around 5 to 7 minutes. Never tried to send multiple pics in an MMS. I did have to get a replacement for the trackball issue. Works great ever since. My trackbacll would not move side to side at all though.
    12-07-09 03:03 PM
    If you have half a monkeys brain you will be able to upgrade to the leaked operating system, it's 5.0.0.230 Look in the "Beta/Hybrid Operating System" forum on here. It's towards the bottom way below the Tour 9630 forum.

Look in my signature for answers to all your questions about that. I even have in my first link, the link to download 5.0.0.230

The whole point of this is getting your load time down to about 3 mins and 30 seconds. AND you get all the cool features of 5.0 like THREADED SMS!!!

Any other questions should be able to be answered from one of the links in my sig
    12-07-09 03:13 PM
    As for your trackball, get an alcohol swab/wipe and put it over the trackball and roll it all around and click it in while rolling it. It cleans out the sensor wheels underneath.

ALSO your GPS issues won't be so bad when you upgrade to 5.0.0.230.

After you upgrade to 5.0.0.230, you can then look into the hybrid (which is also in my sig) from irtehun. Your OS will then be 5.0.0.238! Good luck!
    12-07-09 03:16 PM
    Will upgrading the OS change any settings? I only ask because the phone is linked up with our network at work and with Lotus Notes.
    12-07-09 04:00 PM
    DO NOT I repeat DO NOT do an unofficial upgrade to your new Tour. You can call customer care and they can send you out a replacement for your Tour if you still have trackball issues. I had to replace mine and it works great now. There is a new upgrade OS for the Tour but it isn't 5.0 yet. That is an unleaked OS and if you choose to download it and then you have issues with your phone, Verizon can choose to not help you if you need a replacement. It is like doing anything other than what is recommended thinking you will get better performance. It can void out your warranty. So don't do what that monkey's know it all **** has told you to do.
    12-08-09 02:29 PM
    +1^^^ do not load an unauthorized OS when you are on BES. Your IT guys would not be pleased.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-09 02:43 PM
    Concerning the OS upgrade,

Since you are on BES, I would also suggest not upgrading due to issues that could happen within your company intranet.

On the other hand, if the Tour was NOT a company phone, by all means go for the upgrade, and the latest Hybrid install at that.

Jude526 is misinformed with his statement. The .230 leak comes directly from RIM, and while not official, it is still a RIM-developed build. The hybrid then takes files from other RIM-developed builds of a later number and implements those into the operating system.

As a result, you get a much cleaner, faster BlackBerry Tour with the goodies of 5.0.

Furthermore, if you do need help and need to go to Verizon or Sprint, open Desktop Manager and re-install the 4.7 stock/official OS. They won't be able to tell whether or not you've had 5.0 installed on the phone as all they can see when they go to the About screen or the Help Me! screen will be 4.7.0.blah etc.
    12-08-09 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD