I was wondering what to 'check' and 'uncheck' within the Tour's browser settings that would make viewing/surfing the net and web pages on the Tour much faster.

I'm not only talk about help w/ viewing 'wap' pages like CrackBerry.com's site; but also 'non-wap' sites. If there are different settings for viewing 'wap' and 'non-wap' sites appropriately...please provide that.

If someone can provide screen shots of the appropriate settings within 'Options' --> ''Browser Configuartion' and 'General Properties' will be GREATLY appreciated since it'll be easier to follow what is being checked and un-checked. Thank you.
    08-29-09 02:55 PM
    Also...withint 'General Properties'..what are the pros and cons of setting 'Repeat Animations' to '100 times' as opposed to 'Once'?

What does 'Repeat Animations' control anyways?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 03:17 PM
    Also...withint 'General Properties'..what are the pros and cons of setting 'Repeat Animations' to '100 times' as opposed to 'Once'?

What does 'Repeat Animations' control anyways?

Its for animated pictures on websites I believe.

08-29-09 05:13 PM
    I was wondering the same thing. In my Browser Configuration, I have my SUPPORT JAVASCRIPT, ALLOW JAVASCRIPT POPUPS, SHOW IMAGES and USE BACKGROUND IMAGES unchecked; and in General Properties, I have IMAGE QUALITY: low; and REPEAT ANIMATIONS: never. Although my pages load a lot faster, I'm not sure if those settings are the optimal settings.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
    08-29-09 10:30 PM
    I was wondering the same thing. In my Browser Configuration, I have my SUPPORT JAVASCRIPT, ALLOW JAVASCRIPT POPUPS, SHOW IMAGES and USE BACKGROUND IMAGES unchecked; and in General Properties, I have IMAGE QUALITY: low; and REPEAT ANIMATIONS: never. Although my pages load a lot faster, I'm not sure if those settings are the optimal settings.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
    Sounds good to me. The biggest slowdown is JavaScript. Though, unfortunately, some websites won't work properly without JavaScript enabled.
    08-29-09 11:54 PM
    i would like to know this too. i want the best experience possible.
    08-30-09 03:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD