Will everyone who is switching from the Storm etc. be paying full retail for this puppy?

I would dump my storm for this puppy in a heartbeat, but dropping $500 on a phone 5 months after I got a new one is just too much to swallow.
    03-19-09 06:47 PM
    Would never pay full retail for a device, that's crazy. And, I'll be switching from the Curve, not the Storm. And, I would dump your Storm even for a free flip Nokia lol
    03-19-09 06:49 PM
    Will everyone who is switching from the Storm etc. be paying full retail for this puppy?

I would dump my storm for this puppy in a heartbeat, but dropping $500 on a phone 5 months after I got a new one is just too much to swallow.
    03-19-09 06:54 PM
    Which puppy would that be?
    03-19-09 07:03 PM
    So, guess I'm going to ebay the storm then... Any idea of what price a 1 week old storm (with all plastic shipping stickers on it) should get at retail?
    03-19-09 07:04 PM
    I will most likely drop full retail price. I'm going to try to get some sort of discount but I doubt it will work. I never last 2 yrs with a phone or even come close but I need start doing that. However, I'm not going to stick with my Storm 2 yrs so I'm definitely getting the Niagara.
    03-19-09 07:06 PM
    So, guess I'm going to ebay the storm then... Any idea of what price a 1 week old storm (with all plastic shipping stickers on it) should get at retail?
    I'm a little confuse. Are you trying to sell a one week old Storm??? You could just return it to Verizon and get your money back if it's one week old because they give you 30 days to return it.
    03-19-09 07:10 PM
    I'm switching from storm and I got mine last month lol using some of my tax return and my whole $50 from mail in rebate on storm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 08:58 PM
    I wil lbe switching from the Storm But i am on a family plan and our contract dates are all 8 months apart! My parents dont care about new phones too much so i use theirs and but them phones at retail like the LG 8350 or Chocolate.... So this next one is actually under my account... 7/21/09 cant come soon enough for me ! (my eligible upgrade date!) So it will be new contract price w/ the NE2 since that is my mothers line and that is the line i used to get the storm w/ the $50 MIB and $100 NE2
    03-19-09 09:11 PM
    I at least saw this coming. When I was up for my upgrade on 2/24 I took out a Storm thinking it would be my true love, but when I couldn't stand it I returned it & bought a Curve off eBay for $175. Therefore, my upgrade is still intact & when I get the Niagara I'll probably still get near what I paid for my Curve on eBay, since it's in mint condition. Apply that to the promotional price minus $100 New Every Two credit...and I should be in pretty good shape to upgrade.

03-19-09 09:20 PM
    I'm probably going to have to bite the bullet and pay full retail unless I can dig up an upgrade from someone in my family.

03-19-09 09:28 PM
    By the time USCC comes out with the 9630, I'll be able to upgrade without paying full price.
    03-19-09 09:31 PM
    I'll get it for employee pricing.. 25% off FRP.
    03-19-09 10:59 PM
    Another question ... I have the insurance on my Storm and would like to switch to the Niagara when it comes out (I've just been unhappy with it). I just renewed my contract (2-yr) in Nov. 08. Is there any way I can swing an early upgrade? Does having the insurance effect this at all? If need be, I can lose the Storm and go for a replacement ...
    03-20-09 08:01 AM
    I may get a slight discount but expect to pay full price. It will be worth it to me.
    03-20-09 08:14 AM
    Interesting that most of the "Swtching" threads assume the switch will be from Storm users. Since this is an upgrade from the 8830, I would think there would be more 8830WE users switching.
    03-20-09 08:20 AM
    Interesting that most of the "Swtching" threads assume the switch will be from Storm users. Since this is an upgrade from the 8830, I would think there would be more 8830WE users switching.
    I think when people say 'switching they are referring to getting the phone before your upgrade period is up. I imagine most users coming from the 8830 are upgrading. Then again its all subjective, so oh well

I'm still debating switching to the 9630 when it comes out. I guess it really depends on how tweaked the 9630's OS is and/or if the storm gets a decent OS by then -- Depending on how good the 9630 is compared to the storm will affect whether I buy a 9630 outright or try to finagle one of my friends or family members to trade phones / buy my storm
    03-20-09 09:30 AM
    I'm a little confuse. Are you trying to sell a one week old Storm??? You could just return it to Verizon and get your money back if it's one week old because they give you 30 days to return it.
    I just got my 5th replacement a week ago.
    03-20-09 12:33 PM
    I just got my 5th replacement a week ago.
    Oh ok then I would think you could sell it for at least $200. I'm pretty sure a bit more because there are people who want a Storm but aren't eligible for an upgrade so some would be willing to pay a little more than the discounted price.
    03-20-09 01:41 PM
    Im using my sisters NE2 bec i gave her my brand new voyager and since I have a Storm now, I would love to pay the 2 year upgrade price because I had paid full retail for lol. I don't want to get rid of the Storm, I just want to have it as my backup BlackBerry
    03-20-09 01:53 PM
    All I can say you have had a year to save for the 9630 if you knew your NE2 wasn't up. It looks like a great device.
    03-21-09 08:57 AM
    My upgrade was last month, and i haven't used it yet. I'll be using it towards the 9630, and i don't know why but, i'll be keeping the 9530.. In hopes...
    03-21-09 09:05 AM
    How was your upgrade last month if you have a storm? Did you pay full retail for it when it came out?
    03-21-09 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD