ok.. JUST GOT MY TOUR a few weeks ago.. still learning all this BB stuff, I'm a newbie!

question.. easy way to update phone on my phone, is to use options/advanced options/wireless update.. is that correct??

so far I have this TOUR VERSION on my phone..

is this the latest? is this what everyone else out there has??
    Will i be getting this new 5.0 verson automatically on my phone at some point??

just wondering if there's anything I have to do!!!

thks all.
    Last edited by bonnierose; 08-26-09 at 08:53 AM.
    08-26-09 08:30 AM
    4.7.1.40 is the latest, and I am not sure how wireless update is going to work.
    08-26-09 08:50 AM
    before an update is available you will hear about it here : ) being a member of CB has it's many benefits and thats one of them.

In the event you don't get sucked into the CB vacuum yes you will be notified via the wireless update than one is available.

4.7.1.40 is the latest OFFICIAL OS.

Welcome Bonnie to CB and hopefully we will see more of you.
    08-26-09 09:18 AM
    thks for the warm welcome cereal killer..
    and btw, I love Cali too.. altho I'm currently living in ND.. brrr!
    LOL
    08-26-09 09:22 AM
    4.7.1.40 is the latest OFFICIAL version that is out for the Tour. You can find Hybrid 5.0.X builds but they're not official releases. Easy to install, but since your new to the BB world, I'd hold off installing until you feel comfortable with your BB. That way your not posting a thread on help fixing your bricked BB.

When/If you feel comfortable you can find the hybrid builds by doing a simple search. Good luck and have fun with your Tour!

You can upgrade the OS when an official one is released using the method you described, however, you may be able to download it several hours sooner at your carriers website the day of release and installing with DM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 09:22 AM
    4.7.1.40 is the latest OFFICIAL version that is out for the Tour. You can find Hybrid 5.0.X builds but they're not official releases. Easy to install, but since your new to the BB world, I'd hold off installing until you feel comfortable with your BB. That way your not posting a thread on help fixing your bricked BB.

When/If you feel comfortable you can find the hybrid builds by doing a simple search. Good luck and have fun with your Tour!

You can upgrade the OS when an official one is released using the method you described, however, you may be able to download it several hours sooner at your carriers website the day of release and installing with DM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    the hybrids are great and easy to install even for new bb owners...bein a past rep...i kno frm past experiences..if you can read..u can install..worth it..
    08-26-09 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD