For those of you that scroll with your left thumb and use your right thumb to hit the enter key (don't use the trackball to "click"); How is your trackball holding up?

I just got my replacement Tour in today, and was wondering if not using the trackball as a "clicker" helped improve its life.
    09-23-09 03:56 PM
    not to be rude but use the tracball for what its meant to be used...thats like saying I have a TV but I don't want to use the remote because it might eventually break...

...if the phone breaks, get a new one....

MY OPINION THO...take it or leave it
    09-23-09 04:00 PM
    RT@utgreenhead.... haha i had the same paranoia when i got my first tour... and i used all the short cuts to avoid hitting the trackball in. Still needed to replace the phone, got the new one and i'm using the trackball click for everything and it still seems a million times better than my old phone. Don't stress it.
    09-23-09 04:05 PM
    rather than clicking on the stiff trackball, i still use the <enter> and the menu (second click). while in a BB-menu/option list, pressing the BB-menu button, again, works as well. (ie: menu > open, menu > reply, menu > send)
    09-23-09 04:36 PM
    I switch back and forth. It's not that I'm worried about the trackball clicker wearing out of getting damaged, but it's because I've chosen the wrong option or clicked the wrong link a few times when using the trackball clicker.

I have my sensitivity set to 80/80, which is perfect for scrolling around, but is a little too sensitive when clicking. This is also my first BlackBerry, so maybe I'm just not good enough at using the trackball click yet. At any rate, I'm definitely more comfortable with using the BB button in the menus. I only really make sure to use the enter key in the browser and links are close together.
    09-23-09 04:53 PM
    I'm not sure if I'm prolonging the life of my trackball from using my enter key but its just always been a habit of mine to use the enter key simply for "convenience". When typing my right thumb normally hovers over the enter key therefore its faster to use

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 05:04 PM
    It's a habit of mine as well. Seems to work good for me, but the problem doesn't lie in clicking the ball really. It's horizontal scrolling that is murdering everyone.
    09-23-09 05:23 PM
    I honestly use my track ball for everything really and I havent had any problems with this one. I did have to replace my inital bb tour though.
    09-23-09 06:29 PM
    might as well use the trackball the way it's meant to be used.

09-23-09 06:59 PM
    not to be rude but use the tracball for what its meant to be used...thats like saying I have a TV but I don't want to use the remote because it might eventually break...

...if the phone breaks, get a new one....

MY OPINION THO...take it or leave it
    If money is no object, if his phone breaks, why dont you purchase him a new one at the non commitment price.
    09-23-09 07:49 PM
    The enter key is good for hitting REALY small url links when the trackball might otherwise slightly move when you click it and make you miss the link. . Not sure if this is normal but it happens on the units I tested it on other than my own but I think I'm mastering not letting it move.

09-23-09 07:55 PM
    I use the enter key most of the time also, not worried about the trackball as much as being precise when I hit enter or choose a menu. I've choosen wrong too many times with the trackball. I know I know, use it the way its meant to be used. This is just comfortable for me. I don't use a mouse either on a computer if I can get by with a keyboard shortcut. You need to figure out what works best and is more comfortable for you and stick with it.
    09-23-09 08:23 PM
    If money is no object, if his phone breaks, why dont you purchase him a new one at the non commitment price.
    yeah why don't I buy you one too smart ***
    09-23-09 09:10 PM
    yeah why don't I buy you one too smart ***
    No thanks, i own one already. thanks for the offer, and the lame comeback.
    09-23-09 09:14 PM
    I'm pretty sure he ment getting a new phone through warranty. If we are talking about Tours they are all still under a 1 year so I agree use it has it is ment to be used.

09-23-09 09:17 PM
    I'm pretty sure he ment getting a new phone through warranty. If we are talking about Tours they are all still under a 1 year so I agree use it has it is ment to be used.

Exactly, but this guy wants to be funny and a smart ***...but your absolutely right...thank you...
    09-23-09 09:20 PM
    Exactly, but this guy wants to be funny and a smart ***...but your absolutely right...thank you...
    Try and relax, all things in life are not serious, unless you guys in Alabama are all serious business 24/7 and I am unaware of it.
    09-23-09 09:25 PM
    Im not sure I understand the gain from doing this. If your a devise is working properly all the parts will do their job. The trackball is supposed to be used for clicking and rolling so it should work that way. Even so, why roll with the left thumb then click with the right?
    09-23-09 09:26 PM
    Try and relax, all things in life are not serious, unless you guys in Alabama are all serious business 24/7 and I am unaware of it.
    seems like it might do you some good to come visit the south and get away from "NYC/Jersey" where life is to serious...."mr. lame comeback"
    09-23-09 09:27 PM
    seems like it might do you some good to come visit the south and get away from "NYC/Jersey" where life is to serious...."mr. lame comeback"
    NOW I'm offended.
    09-23-09 09:29 PM
    NOW I'm offended.
    poor baby.....im done with you, enjoy your night...
    09-23-09 09:31 PM
    poor baby.....im done with you, enjoy your night...
    You too, try n stay away from the cattle out back, enjoy you a real woman.
    09-23-09 09:32 PM
    I use it aas a clicker mine took a crap but heck I am not going to not use it just because of thinking it might break
    09-23-09 09:34 PM
    Lol, I love how this thread was completely derailed.

Anyways, I still use my trackball despite the fact that I think I qualify as a "dual thumb" user. :]
    09-23-09 11:07 PM
    rather than clicking on the stiff trackball, i still use the <enter> and the menu (second click). while in a BB-menu/option list, pressing the BB-menu button, again, works as well. (ie: menu > open, menu > reply, menu > send)
    ...scroll with your left thumb and use your right thumb to hit the enter key...
    What happens when the menu and enter keys die from overuse? You could use the perfect trackball for spare parts for your new Tour.

Sorry.... had to inject a little levity into this thread gone awry.
    09-24-09 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD