Right now I got unlimited data plan with 5 GB of Phone as Modem on my Blackberry Tour for 29 dollars... suppose I am going out of the county, to say.... London... would I be able to use my data plan there without any extra fee?

Thank you!
    10-30-09 09:02 AM
    You will have to get the international service. I forgot how much it is though. Maybe an extra 20 a month?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 09:05 AM
    Right now I got unlimited data plan with 5 GB of Phone as Modem on my Blackberry Tour for 29 dollars... suppose I am going out of the county, to say.... London... would I be able to use my data plan there without any extra fee?

Thank you!
    I would call or check your carriers site for international use.

I know with VZW that tethering a device does not work, but the internal browser will. With VZW there is addional cost for international use of data and roaming rate calls depends on country visited.
    10-30-09 09:08 AM
    I used the GLOBAL plan while in Italy (a bit of Austria and Germany, Netherlands). For $69/month you get UNlimited data and calls are $0.99/minute. The call cost is for in/out and to/from US as well as local. The rates may vary by country. I think data only is $65.

This replaces your $29 plan while in effect and is prorated. So 2 weeks is 50%.

It replaces your $29 plan, so for a full month it would be 69-29, or approx $40/month more.

I calculated I saved about $300 on DATA costs while gone for 3 weeks. I forget the rate they charge for data if you just use the phone and don't go for the Global plan. Again, check it for UK - probably the same as Europe (eastern europe might be more)
    10-30-09 09:50 AM
    On Sprint, Unlimited International Data, I was quoted $40 bucks a month.
    10-30-09 09:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD