I have a BBStorm and it has 1 GB of onboard memory. When I go to the BB website and check out the specs on the BBTour it's showing only 256 built in memory. Ok I hate to sound stupid, BUT is onboard memory and built in memory the same? And why does the BBStorm have 1 GB and the BBTour only have 256 IF it is supposed to be a superior device?

Additionally, I have heard that the BBTour will have a media manager to be able to apply 3rd party applications to the memory card, can anyone confirm or deny this? If so, then the onboard/built in memory wouldn't be as much of an issue.
    Last edited by i_luv_my_BB; 06-21-09 at 12:25 PM.
    06-21-09 12:22 PM
    They are different. Storm has 128 user memory which is what people look at when they are having memory leak issues. When this gets to low, you start to have problems. Tour has double this. The 1gb is for storage and is expandable with a card.
    06-21-09 12:31 PM
    i don't think the tour has any onboard storage. not sure about being able to load apps on the card.
    06-21-09 12:37 PM
    My wife's Storm
    Application Memory
    Free Space: 39.9MB

She only has 10 Apps downloaded.

My Tour
    Application Memory
    Free Space: 141.9MB

Keep in mind I have not download any Apps.
    06-21-09 12:41 PM
    My 8900
    Application Memory
    Free Space: 99.7MB

Keep in mind I have downloaded 15 Apps.
    06-21-09 12:48 PM
    Thanks for your quick responses. So let me get this straight.. it's the Application Memory that counts? My application memory is really low, like 4.7 MB! But my device memory is good something like 874.3 MB. And my BBStorm is running really slow!
    06-21-09 01:11 PM
    Application memory is what you want.. Onboard storage is used to save media such as Pics, Video and Music to the device in the absence of a memory card. Application memory being so low will affect the performance of any device.
    06-21-09 01:15 PM
    Check out some memory managing threads. That's really low for app mem!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 01:25 PM
    Thanks for your quick responses. So let me get this straight.. it's the Application Memory that counts? My application memory is really low, like 4.7 MB! But my device memory is good something like 874.3 MB. And my BBStorm is running really slow!
    Think of it in computer terms, the application memory is your computer ram, the mini sd card is kind of like your hardrive.
    06-21-09 03:25 PM
    I have a BBStorm and it has 1 GB of onboard memory. When I go to the BB website and check out the specs on the BBTour it's showing only 256 built in memory. Ok I hate to sound stupid, BUT is onboard memory and built in memory the same? And why does the BBStorm have 1 GB and the BBTour only have 256 IF it is supposed to be a superior device?

Additionally, I have heard that the BBTour will have a media manager to be able to apply 3rd party applications to the memory card, can anyone confirm or deny this? If so, then the onboard/built in memory wouldn't be as much of an issue.

ok so... the storm has 128 mb for applications.. the extra space would be used to store videos/pictures etc etc which also can be stored on a memory card

the tour has 256mb which can be used for applications .. and a memory card slot which can store the rest.. so really the tours configuration is better
    06-21-09 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD