So my trackball started getting all wacky and only moving to different icons when it wanted to. I just received my replacement phone from Verizon.

I haven't bothered to plug it into the computer yet because I'm waiting to use my friend's PC (I have a mac and I don't like desktop manager for it) to set it all up.

Now I had purchased a few apps and a theme on my original Tour. Will I be able to transfer and use these with the new phone or do I have to purchase everything all over again?

TIA
    10-08-09 11:20 AM
    I haven't had to replace a phone, but from what i've learned here on CrackBerry.com, is you will have to redownload your applications. if you bought them from CrackBerry you can just go to your accounts page and do it from there. if it is from another site you may or may not have to repurchase or you may be able to redownload.

Most of my apps are free, and if I ever had to replace my Tour, I'd be screwed because I don't know where most of them have come from. Good luck with everything.
    10-08-09 11:46 AM
    Note the pin of your old device and your new device, send an email to the developers of the apps and theme and just let them know you had to replace your phone and give them your old and new pins so they can see your purchased them and transfer the licenses over to your new device. You shouldn't have to repurchase anything.
    10-08-09 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD