I am completely new the bb world as the tour is my first blackberry. I took a couple of pictures and recorded some videos. I believed i had it saved on the blackberry itself. I then formatted the sim card and no i can not find my pictures or videos what so ever? Where they erased when i formatted the memory card? The weird thing is when i went into to my contacts the picture i saved for a contact when the person calls was still there. But i can not find the picture or for that matter the vidoes when going into the camera to view pictures and video. Can someone tell me what happened to my saved pictures and videos???
    07-23-09 07:11 PM
    please just looking for some input
    07-23-09 07:55 PM
    u have to manually say that u want to save pictures on such onto the device or else it will save to media card. so yes ur pictures are gone when u formatted. i think the bb saves a copy of things u have set to like wallpaper and contacts but not for viewing. for example u can take out the media card and ur wallpaper will still remain the same.
    07-23-09 08:04 PM
    Unfortunately, formatting a memory card DOES, in fact, delete everything on it.

And there is not a single thing you can do to get it back.

Sorry
    07-23-09 08:15 PM
    Oh its ok i didnt have much on there.. I was driving myself nuts looking for those..
    I had to ask because the picture i saved for my contact was still there under contacts but couldnt find the actual picture itself anywhere on the phone.
    07-23-09 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD