Hey Crackberry Members,

After uninstalling a few apps this morning my tour asked me to reboot and I chose the option for it to reboot now. While it was in the process of rebooting I got a white screen with the reload software 552 issue. I went through the crackberry threads and searched the forums and tried everything but my tour just wouldn't connect to my computer. Finally I called Verizon Wireless and they couldn't find a solution so the woman transferred me to RIM Blackberry Support. They went through a bunch of troubleshooting and I was transferred to a senior support agent, yet he couldn't get my Tour to connect to the Desktop software either.

To make a long story short, Verizon is sending me a replacement unit but my question is later that night I decided I would just try it once more and use the Mac based desktop manager and sure enough it worked which I could not believe. A window popped up asking if I wanted to re-install the software which I spent hours on the PC side with RIM support and I got the software back on my phone and its up and running again.

My question is I accidentally dropped my tour and there is a scratch on chrome at the top and my battery door is loose. I am looking forward to receiving my replacement unit so I can get rid of the scratch and loose battery door issue, but I was wondering since my software issue is fixed and I didn't tell Verizon about it when they examine my old tour with what they think has a software problem, will they catch that it has been fixed and want the replacement back?

I'm hoping this replacement doesn't have the rippling effect and loose battery cover like my current tour does so that is the reason why I haven't notified Verizon that I have corrected the issue. What do you guys think? I just want a fully working device without all the problems. I don't think that is much to ask.. What do you guys think?
    09-27-09 09:06 PM
    You'll be fine on whatever you decide you want to do. We really don't look over the warehouse returns unless the phone comes back either in pieces or the wrong model. A few scratches is just considered normal wear. I'd personally go with the replacement but that's just my opinion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-09 10:39 PM
    You'll be fine on whatever you decide you want to do. We really don't look over the warehouse returns unless the phone comes back either in pieces or the wrong model. A few scratches is just considered normal wear. I'd personally go with the replacement but that's just my opinion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I agree, go with the replacement.
    09-27-09 10:46 PM
    Hey Guys,
    Thanks for your fast response. That's good to know that I should be able to send my current tour in without a problem. I'm going to look them both over and test out this new model before I choose to send my current tour back since once you send it in, you really cant get your old tour back from the pile of 50,000 other tours. lol Good Advise
    09-28-09 05:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD