i'm new to BB and have been using my tour since the beginning of the week.

what's up with the "Messages" app? i know it's for displaying missed calls and whatnot, but after i set up my email accts, duplicates have been showing up in here as well as each of my email accounts' separate folders.

is there an option to not have my emails appear in the Messages folder/app? i check my email in their separate folders, but if i don't open them up in Messages the notification icon is still displayed.
    07-31-09 11:44 PM
    Messages is a catchall folder for all messages and notifications that come in to the device. A lot of people choose to hide the individual folders for email accounts, and simply use the Messages folder.

There is no option to prevent emails from showing up there.
    07-31-09 11:48 PM
    Yeah. Go into your "messages" folder, highlight the top date, hit your BB button (the one with all the dots). Then go to Options. When you are in there, look at "General Options", select it, then scroll down to "SMS and Email Boxes", select "Combined". Then your SMS, MMS, and ALL emails will be in one message box, your "Messages" folder.
    07-31-09 11:48 PM
    And I also do what Michaelwpg said, just hide my individual email messages folder and use the main "Messages" folder only for everything.
    07-31-09 11:49 PM
    I just removed call logging then hid the messages icon and that solved my problem
    07-31-09 11:56 PM
    My blackberry messenger doesn't apear on my screen . How can I get it back ?
    08-01-09 12:02 AM
    My friend sent me a link and it totally earsed my BBM.And all my BBM contacts. I don't know how to get it back . Can anyone help ?
    08-01-09 12:06 AM
    My blackberry messenger doesn't apear on my screen . How can I get it back ?
    First, friendly warning. NO THREADJACKING! Takes help away from the OP, and won't necessarily get your question answered, particularly when the thread has nothing to do with the issue you are experiencing.

That being said, here we go.

1) Make sure you haven't hidden the icon. From the home screen, press the BB key, and select "Show All" .

2) If the icon wasn't hidden, hook up to DM and reinstall BBM through the application loader function. Likely just hooking up to DM will prompt you to "Update Core Applications" and reinstall BBM.
    08-01-09 12:09 AM
    My friend sent me a link and it totally earsed my BBM.And all my BBM contacts. I don't know how to get it back . Can anyone help ?
    Is it safe to assume that the link sent by your friend was an OTA install link for the new BBM5? A quick search will find you a thread detailing how to fix the problem.
    08-01-09 12:10 AM
    Messages is a catchall folder for all messages and notifications that come in to the device. A lot of people choose to hide the individual folders for email accounts, and simply use the Messages folder.

There is no option to prevent emails from showing up there.
    i see. i guess looking in 1 folder for everything would be more convenient. thanks.
    08-01-09 12:13 AM
    Here is a thread with an OTA link for the old BBM. That should get you going again. http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/he...ve-bbm-273185/
    08-01-09 12:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD