After doing a search on these forums I found similar posts, but none exactly like mine so that is why I am posting a new thread - I know how annoying threads like this one can be.

Well I have been on my second Tour for about 3-4 weeks now and have noticed the trackball acting up just like my first one did. I think I need a green dot or one of the newer produced Tour's.

I purchased the Tour from Best Buy as a new Verizon customer and signed a new 2 year contract. My 30 day period is over... so can I call Verizon directly and swap through them instead of Best Buy? I don't care if I have to get a refurb this time - I just want it to work and stay working.

If I can indeed swap the phone via Verizon rather than Best Buy, do I have to include a proof of purchase or anything special to do the swap?

Sorry for a repetitive thread, but I really couldn't find anything that directly answered my question.

Thank You in advance.
    10-03-09 06:04 PM

If I can indeed swap the phone via Verizon rather than Best Buy, do I have to include a proof of purchase or anything special to do the swap?

Sorry for a repetitive thread, but I really couldn't find anything that directly answered my question.

Thank You in advance.

First be sure its not just your subconcious making you think the trackball is bad...if the trackball definitley is bad then Verizon should replace the tour no questions asked since its a known problem..Sprint just did that for me and i've had my tour 3 months!
    10-03-09 06:48 PM
    I called customer service and the person I talked to was excellent. No questions asked, he's shipping me a refurb green dot. The track ball is bad no doubt, I let my friend who is also a Tour user use my Tour and he noticed it without me even telling him in advance.

Great customer service from Verizon. Hopefully this green dot will be the last of my problems with the Tour. Other than the trackball, it is a great BlackBerry.
    10-03-09 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD