So, I was really hoping (and assuming) that PTT availability on the Tour would be coupled with the official release of OS 5.0. According to the front page PTT is now available, and still, we're without an official release of OS 5.0 from VZW.

Bitter start to my Friday morning to say the least.
    03-19-10 08:21 AM
    Of course. They get no direct money from releasing 5.0. They do from PTT.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-10 08:34 AM
    I still can't believe they havent released 5.0 for the Tour. I had 5.0 with my Storm 1 when the Storm 2 came out and I had the Tour for 4 months on 4.7, now I am on 5.0 on the Curve 8330!! And the TOUR can't even get 5.0??? What gives?

Are they just waiting for the release of this new Tour 2/Bold?
    03-19-10 08:42 AM
    So, I was really hoping (and assuming) that PTT availability on the Tour would be coupled with the official release of OS 5.0. According to the front page PTT is now available, and still, we're without an official release of OS 5.0 from VZW.

Bitter start to my Friday morning to say the least.

Its not "available" yet. It does show up in application center but you cant download it unless you have a file called MPTT.cod installed on your phone, and so far the only place this file has been seen is in the last 2 leaked os's 5.0.0.530 and 5.0.0.548. Plus if you look here its been announced as coming soon... So basically the only way u can download it is if you have a leaked os or extract the mptt.cod from a leaked os.. And it will not work unless Verizon wants it to work because you need to subscribe, and I cant wait to see who will be the first to try to get it going before vzw officially launches it.

Vzw OS 5, PTT being pushed to the tour

Last edited by dave3825us; 03-19-10 at 09:06 AM.
    03-19-10 09:00 AM
    So any real update or rumor as to when all the testing will be done for PTT and 5.0? I dont care for PTT right now, but the 5.0 OS would be nice on the Tour.
    03-19-10 09:06 AM
    Well being there are now 2 leaks with ptt files, and that ptt is now in application center, I would say its going to be within the next 2 weeks
    03-19-10 09:11 AM
    That would be nice. I will be getting my Tour back in a week or so. It'll be nice to have an official release.
    03-19-10 09:17 AM

Good point, it is wierd that Sprint had it up through DM and VZW hasnt yet, gotta be a reason though.
    03-19-10 09:59 AM
    May I ask one question that still boggles my mind, what is so important about an official release. I have been running 5.0.0.419 since it was a leak not one error not one flaw, beautiful on my phone and i am just ecstatic, what will i gain by an official sanction? A lot of waiting and aggravation and the denial of the using of an OS that is so beneficial.
    03-19-10 10:52 AM
    The Verizon Tour gets treated like the stepchild. Lol. Trackpad and wifi came out on all devices right after the Tour was released, and we're still the only one's without an official 5.0 OS as well.

I know leaks, hybrids, and other carrier officials are available, but it's still a lil ridiculous.
    03-19-10 11:18 AM
    May I ask one question that still boggles my mind, what is so important about an official release. I have been running 5.0.0.419 since it was a leak not one error not one flaw, beautiful on my phone and i am just ecstatic, what will i gain by an official sanction? A lot of waiting and aggravation and the denial of the using of an OS that is so beneficial.
    Some of us cannot have "unofficial" releases on our work Blackberry's. I have asked IT Dept many, many times. I like my job too much to try it.....

That said, I put 5.0 on my wife's personal 8330 and it was a nice upgrade.
    03-19-10 11:47 AM
    You would think verizon would want to release OS 5.O so people on blackberry would have a chance to get it and of course more money for verizon.
    03-19-10 11:50 AM
    That is just the point, Verizon doesn't get any more money for OS 5.0 by itself. They also won't get more money for long should the new PTT features which depend upon the new OS 5.0, should the PTT features not
    work properly.

They have to test until they are satisfied that the new features work
    reliably enough that their customer base will use them...
    03-19-10 12:24 PM

My thoughts exactly!

03-19-10 12:26 PM
    the official version is important for me because I have a MAC and havent found a succesful way of putting 5.0 on my laptop. Maybe just a bug in my mac but I am a tad hesitant to put a hybrid on. I guess you could call me a wimp but I am not tech savvy enough to mess around with that. Not saying OMG I NEED 5.0 NOWWWW but it would be nice to have since it is my only way I know of doing it on my computer right now. If anyone knows of another way I would greatly appreciate the help.
    03-20-10 04:42 PM
    Easy solution to anyone running windows and has verizon. Just upgrade to 5.0!
    03-20-10 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD