So I now have PTT on my Tour. But it only works with other vzw users... That's kind of dumb, considering I can just call them without using minutes... I guess the pull of it is like having a walkie-talkie? Not nearly as discreet as texting, but I see the pull if a conference is needed...

How do I even find out who on my contact list HAS ptt capabilities? Is there an app that does that?
    05-10-10 02:56 PM
    not sure there is an app for that.... guess u just have to ask - its cool for when you are driving and need to just send a quick message
    05-10-10 03:05 PM
    There are people in industries like construction and trucking where they exchange short messages back and forth all day. PTT is great for that. The "average" user can get by without it. Calls, texts, PIN messages, IMs and emails usually have people covered.
    05-10-10 03:42 PM
    That would be a cool app - PTT is great for driving instead of text.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-10 05:26 PM
    plus, the PTT is instant compared to Nextels old system of use. Sounds pretty clear also. It works well. It would be a lot better if Verizon at least put it for every BlackBerry on there network, or phone at that.
    05-11-10 06:22 AM
    i only added PTT to my account because it's free. Wanted to test it.

05-11-10 08:33 AM
    I added it for the same reason. But I have no one to test it on, lol. I know lots of people with bb, but few with the Tour AND vzw. I suppose I will keep it for a rainy day
    05-11-10 10:38 AM
    I like PTT and know several BB/Verizon users, but in order to use it each of them would first have to call customer service to get the free service, then download & install
    05-11-10 08:52 PM
    It should be free after they gave us the worst OS update EVER.

05-11-10 09:01 PM
    Yes. It doesn't make up for it though!

05-11-10 09:03 PM
    Nextel PTT is only for the Nextel network so this is no different. VZW's first attempt at PTT a few years ago was miserable and they are slowly rolling this out. I've only added it since it is a free application and will get rid of it once they charge me for it. Phone calls are a much better method to reach individuals.
    05-11-10 09:40 PM
    The ptt works sweet on the Tour. I had a Nextel for years so I added it to my plan once I heard it was free. It is very fast and very clear, I personally love it but am trying to convince some of my friends who have phone upgrades to get the tour so we can use it. I love the concept of 2-way, basically there are people who love it and people who think its stupid and its difficult to convince either the opposing view. I think it makes the Tour the ultimate communication device and am thrilled to have it.
    05-11-10 09:47 PM
    for some reason or another when i got try ptt it just goes back to being disabled do i have to restart the bb after i enable it i enable it then push the left short key button then it just goes to the screen then says ptt disabled... can anyone help please
    05-11-10 10:20 PM
    for some reason or another when i got try ptt it just goes back to being disabled do i have to restart the bb after i enable it i enable it then push the left short key button then it just goes to the screen then says ptt disabled... can anyone help please
    No it does not need to be restarted. You need to set PTT to enabled and also change the LH button to PTT and of coarse but most importantly you need to activate PTT on your plan and install it on the phone.
    05-11-10 10:35 PM
    I installed PTT on my Tour and the fianc�'s Tour, and it is kinda nice having that option just to give her a quick call about something.

05-11-10 10:43 PM
    Since there is the option to barge or alert, does it need to be disabled if you are in a meeting? If the phone is on silent, does that stop someone from being able to barge if it is enabled?
    05-12-10 08:29 AM
    Since there is the option to barge or alert, does it need to be disabled if you are in a meeting? If the phone is on silent, does that stop someone from being able to barge if it is enabled?
    If you are in a meeting, your phone is on silent, and someone barges in, their blabber would be heard through the ear speaker and not the speaker phone. If the meeting is quiet, it can still be heard.
    05-12-10 09:17 AM
    Ya I would say the Barge feature is one that I think is very stupid! I mean it would be cool if you needed to tell your buddy that a tornado is about to hit his house. You could barge in on his call and let him know, but we all know that the majority of the users are too childish to use it for important things only
    06-07-10 07:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD